Store transfers

renyoj

O.G.
Aug 31, 2007
I was in Dallas this weekend and the lovely SA there found an Orange Massai for me at another store. She agreed to have it transferred to the Houston store for me. How long does a transfer normally take? If I wanted to follow up, should I call the Houston store or the Dallas one?

I have had many things transferred. It should only take a few days H seems to use fedex. If you want a follow up call Dallas, and deal with the SA that ordered the bag for you.

Is a store transfer same as the charge send? In another, do you have to pay before they transfer the item? TIA.

i believe a charge-send is when you pay (they charge your credit card) over the phone, then the boutique sends the item directly to you at your home address.

for a store transfer, your boutique has the item transferred in from a different boutique. for these, sometimes i've paid before they transfer the item; other times, they transfer the item without asking for payment first (like if i haven't decided which size to buy, etc.).

If one store does a charge send (you pay upfront) it can also be delivered to your local store for pick up. I always do this for expensive items to avoid the chance of the postal service leaving my package with a neighbor, doorman or heaven forbid, on my front porch even thought it says direct signature required.

I wanted a specific crocodile lindy that was only available at the KOP store. For me to see it IRL, I had to do a charge send. Because it was such a pricey item, my local H store manager agreed that once I picked it up, if I didn't love it, I could bring it back to the store within 24 hours for a full refund (not store credit). Especially since they were confident that they could find a back-up buyer in a matter of hours. This is the one time I was offered a full refund instead of a store credit.

i am sure this has been discussed before but i was wondering if an SA at your local boutique finds an item at another boutique and does a charge send/store transfer; will your local SA get the sales credit or will the SA who helped your SA at the other boutique get it?

also, if you buy an item from the Hermes website and return it at your local store, will that item have to be sent back to the warehouse or will it be available for purchase at the store where it was returned?

i believe a charge-send is when you pay (they charge your credit card) over the phone, then the boutique sends the item directly to you at your home address.

for a store transfer, your boutique has the item transferred in from a different boutique. for these, sometimes i've paid before they transfer the item; other times, they transfer the item without asking for payment first (like if i haven't decided which size to buy, etc.).

BHmommy, thanks for clarifying. I wonder because my SA only offered charge send but never store transfer. Now a day (such low inventory), we are just glad we find the piece we love anywhere :lol:.

i am sure this has been discussed before but i was wondering if an SA at your local boutique finds an item at another boutique and does a charge send/store transfer; will your local SA get the sales credit or will the SA who helped your SA at the other boutique get it?

also, if you buy an item from the Hermes website and return it at your local store, will that item have to be sent back to the warehouse or will it be available for purchase at the store where it was returned?

I have been told that for charge sends the SA doing the charge send (ie your local SA) will get the sales credit. HTH