Stonewash leathers - High Maintenance??

Will do – I’ll post before and after pics as well. The water proofing that they do is $75. I have to pay a little more for my tobacco though to correct the damage.

Here's my Stonewash Blue Mattie before & after conditioning with For Handles Only, and Botanical Silk Shield on the rest (before is left, after is right)>>>

Attachments

• before.jpg
    before.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 247
  • after.jpg
    after.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 247
probably hard to see, but i tried to capture the darkening:

4559199096_fac2b92a35.jpg

4558569595_81eb5c50b0.jpg

4558570157_49f3f7dc16.jpg

^^ yikes! Sorry to see that! I only conditioned my sw bags with the AG but didn't use the spray on them. I WAS tempted to try Wilson's because it's gentler, but I'm not sure if it's gentle enough. I might just spray the handles and see how it is.

AG conditioner worked great, but against my better judgment, i sprayed with ag r&s. for the most part, it came out even (but noticeably darker, IMO), but there are definitely some areas with even darker spots. i've learned my lesson and will see if LMB can fix it & then protect it with their stuff. will probably try to send in my sage stamp mab in at the same time. thank goodness i didn't spray her!

I'm looking at possibly buying a sage mam on Bonz. I've never had a problem spraying anything with AG. You'd advise against it with these bags?
thanks

I'm looking at possibly buying a sage mam on Bonz. I've never had a problem spraying anything with AG. You'd advise against it with these bags?
thanks

I had bad experience, from what I remember. The conditioner worked but I felt like the spray went on and dried uneven. I would recommend seeing if others chime in and/or testing it out first (like on the strap). Or spraying lightly/from farther away. Probably once mine developed a patina it would have been fine, but I didn't keep it for a long time so not sure.

I had bad experience, from what I remember. The conditioner worked but I felt like the spray went on and dried uneven. I would recommend seeing if others chime in and/or testing it out first (like on the strap). Or spraying lightly/from farther away. Probably once mine developed a patina it would have been fine, but I didn't keep it for a long time so not sure.

hmm.....will see if anyone else responds.
So would you say you wouldn't recommend the stonewash bags?

hmm.....will see if anyone else responds.
So would you say you wouldn't recommend the stonewash bags?

I think the leather is really nice, and I like that it changes over time. I wish I still had mine. I would just be careful about what products you use on it-definitely test first.

I have the stonewash blue nikki it's gorgeous but stains easily even water. I have a few spots on mine that won't go away. They're kind of hard to see but noticeable if you look hard enough.