Stitches of a Birkin

florentyna

Feb 2, 2010
Recently, I have jus ordered a 35 GOLD Togo G/H at St Honore. Just after a week, the bag arrived and I was told that it come with white stitches.
Jus the thought of it makes me depress as I thought it would be in gold stitches. I was told by the staff that gold always come with white stitches and not in gold. However, I check in SFO and it comes in both gold or white.Can anybody help me??? Thanks..

so does it means that I cant see the white stitchesfrom outside???Cos I don remember seeing it so I thought it's in gold stitches....But anyway, thanks..It makes me feel better and exvited about collecting my bag....:smile:

Yes you will see the stitches on the outside. It will be along the straps, the handles, and the edge of the flaps and the top of the front. It's called contrast stitching and is highly desired.

Here's a picture of a 35cm gold birkin in clemence posted by purseinsanity in the reference section. I think the white contrast stitching on gold brings out the beauty of the colour and brings definition to the structure of the bag. I love the white stitching on my etoupe garden party. But if you really don't like it, then don't accept the bag and look for another colour that does not have contrast stitching or if you can, place a special order for gold with gold stitching.

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_0277.jpg
    IMG_0277.jpg
    134.4 KB · Views: 6,954
This is standard, you are not getting a weird bag, don't worry. If you want a gold bag with tone on tone stitches, it is called a Special Order which is not offered to everybody as every store has a SO quota.

I love contrasting stitching. I have it on my gold and blue jean bags and SO'd it on my black birkin -- it gets lots of compliments. I think it shows of the line of the bag.

o my dear, if theres something divine about the hermes saddle stich is the fact that it is all done, by hand and shows the true artistry of the birkin. i have bags with both types visable and camouflage sttiching. and i love my gold blue jean vert anis because of the fact that you can see it displaying hermes craft and perfection at a glance. if anything ejoy it, dont feel depressed the bag has this uniqueness for your own true likeness. hope it helps and remember a gold birkin allways has white stitching when on a plane you can count them instead of sheep i mean helps you sleep ijijijijijij tiny joke truly hope it helps .birkel

I have three H bags; all with contrast stitching -- two birkins a dark green box 35 with red/orange; a gold VL 30 with white; and a a blue jean kelly with white stiching. I get so many compliments of these bags and it is mostly because of the stitching, especially on the green box. There is something special, almost hypnotic about the stitching. Even if people don't have a clue about Hermes, the outlining of the bag by the stitching is a what people really enjoy seeing, I think.
--Judy