Stila ~ Tinted Moisturizer

monablu

Dream Catcher
Mar 25, 2006
I went to Sephora this weekend (mostly to escape the heat and surround myself with pleasant atmosphere and air conditioning lol) and ended up trying & buying Stila's tinted moisturizer, thanks to my sister-in-law's recommendation that it is a nice sheer coverage for everyday wear, has spf, is super light and non-greasy, and can also be used under my beloved Bare Essentials mineral makeup on days that I do put the stuff on.

so, my ultimate review is that it totally rocks, it was about 25 bucks, has some spf, and will indeed even out your skintone - even for me with some old acne scars, sunspots and recent chicken pox scarring. so happy day! Thanks again Staci!

I have the tinted moisturizer and I love it. After using BE I find that I can't even stand the tinted moisturizer feel all over my face, so I use it as a concealer (mostly undereye) and then put BE on as my foundation. It's awesome!

hmmm i use laura mercier or whatever its called and though its tinted moisterizer i feel like its a light weight foundation. has anyone tried both?

ETenebris said:
After using BE I find that I can't even stand the tinted moisturizer feel all over my face, so I use it as a concealer (mostly undereye) and then put BE on as my foundation. It's awesome!

ya I totally agree - BE rocks major!! I use the tinted moisturizer only on the weekends when I don't wear any makeup, so it's just that and some chap-sticks :smile:

it's a pretty good alternative to moisturizer alone - and provides the nourishment and spf that my skin needs without feeling heavy.

aarti said:
hmmm i use laura mercier or whatever its called and though its tinted moisterizer i feel like its a light weight foundation. has anyone tried both?

I use Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer too. It's great especially if you don't want to wear tons of make-up.

I've heard wonderful things about BE, maybe I should try it.

i liked stila's coverage/consistancy, but could never find a good enough color match for my liking. plus, i'm allergic to avabenzone (the active sunscreen in that particular TM) so it made me really itchy and kind of red.

i prefer LM tinted moisturizer (but know what you mean aartie about it feeling like a light foundation....i think that's how LM designed it), but i like mineral makeupe even better than both of these. i'm glad the stila worked out so well for you though mona! :smile:

I've been using BE, and love it, it's so natural looking! But this sounds like a great product to wear at work, so I ordered some from Sephora online. Thankyou for posting about it, I can't wait 'till it arrives!

I have been using Elizabeth Arden tinted moisturizer and it's got a shimmer to it that makes me look glowy. I love it, but since so many people are talking about Stila, I'm going to run over to Sephora and try it out.