Stila ~ Tinted Moisturizer

1. Over at PurseBlog, we started a new series called Closet Confessionals in which we examine how readers and TPFers afford their bag addictions. Read about it in this intro article and submit your own confessional here. We are looking forward to hearing from you!
    Dismiss Notice
  1. I went to Sephora this weekend (mostly to escape the heat and surround myself with pleasant atmosphere and air conditioning lol) and ended up trying & buying Stila's tinted moisturizer, thanks to my sister-in-law's recommendation that it is a nice sheer coverage for everyday wear, has spf, is super light and non-greasy, and can also be used under my beloved Bare Essentials mineral makeup on days that I do put the stuff on.

so, my ultimate review is that it totally rocks, it was about 25 bucks, has some spf, and will indeed even out your skintone - even for me with some old acne scars, sunspots and recent chicken pox scarring. so happy day! Thanks again Staci!

2. I have the tinted moisturizer and I love it. After using BE I find that I can't even stand the tinted moisturizer feel all over my face, so I use it as a concealer (mostly undereye) and then put BE on as my foundation. It's awesome!

3. hmmm i use laura mercier or whatever its called and though its tinted moisterizer i feel like its a light weight foundation. has anyone tried both?

4. ya I totally agree - BE rocks major!! I use the tinted moisturizer only on the weekends when I don't wear any makeup, so it's just that and some chap-sticks :smile:

it's a pretty good alternative to moisturizer alone - and provides the nourishment and spf that my skin needs without feeling heavy.

5. I have also used Stila's tinted moisturizer, and I also liked it.

6. i have that too and i really like it!

7. I use Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer too. It's great especially if you don't want to wear tons of make-up.

I've heard wonderful things about BE, maybe I should try it.

8. i liked stila's coverage/consistancy, but could never find a good enough color match for my liking. plus, i'm allergic to avabenzone (the active sunscreen in that particular TM) so it made me really itchy and kind of red.

i prefer LM tinted moisturizer (but know what you mean aartie about it feeling like a light foundation....i think that's how LM designed it), but i like mineral makeupe even better than both of these. i'm glad the stila worked out so well for you though mona! :smile:

9. I've been using BE, and love it, it's so natural looking! But this sounds like a great product to wear at work, so I ordered some from Sephora online. Thankyou for posting about it, I can't wait 'till it arrives!

10. I have been using Elizabeth Arden tinted moisturizer and it's got a shimmer to it that makes me look glowy. I love it, but since so many people are talking about Stila, I'm going to run over to Sephora and try it out.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice