Food Stevia - anyone else using this?

Loganz

older, not wiser
O.G.
Dec 16, 2005
I started using Stevia in place of Sweet-n-low in my coffee and tea.

A friend read me an excerpt from "Skinny *****" a book that discusses the toxic nature of many "manufactured" food and food products.

Apparently, sweet-n-low, splenda, equal, and the like are bad for us -

My take on Stevia -

1 - tastes very sweet - 3 packets of Stevia does replace my usual 3 packets of sweet-n-low in a 20 oz cup of coffee.
2 - NOT FDA regulated - so, is this a good thing or a bad thing??
3 - Sold in Health Food stores, as a dietary supplement, since it can not be deemed a "sweetener" per se due to the FDA not regulating it.
4 - Stevia is supposed to aid in digestion and has 0 calories.

They say that Europeans have been using Stevia for years - I thought there is no better place to ask if this is true then here, with our diverse population I figured there should be at least a few gals/guys who have tried or use this product regularly.

Sweet Leaf is one company who puts alot of $ into marketing their packaged Stevia on the internet - if anyone is interested in reading about it.

From what I understand, Stevia is a natural plant extract that is very safe to consume (my sister used to work at Smoothie King, and they sell a lot of natural products there. Loganz, great to see you here again!!!!

I use stevia because it's all natural and not chemical. I :heart: it. I've used it for several years now. I buy it at Trader Joe's just like one of the posters above. Good stuff!
The only other thing close to it is Somersweet made from mung beans. It is costly though.

i have been using stevia for several years now. i don't want the calories of sugar and cannot tolerate aspartame or splenda.

i use both the liquid and powdered forms. i highly recommend it.