Steven by Steve Madden keeps coming up on my radar

No Cute

cupcake butt
Aug 17, 2008
Today I saw a gorgeous bag and asked the owner. Steven by Steve Madden satchel that was rockin' (can't find a pic).

When I browse online, I find myself stopping to look at Steven by Steve Madden a lot the last few weeks. Today I was scoping out the Nordies site and saw this one (can't get pics to work, drat.)

content.nordstrom.com/ImageGallery/store/product/Medium/11/_5789311.jpg
content.nordstrom.com/images/store/product/more_colors_medium.gif

NEW!
Steven by Steve Madden 'Medium Pleated' Crossbody Hobo
$198.00

And this one
content.nordstrom.com/ImageGallery/store/product/Medium/3/_5758643.jpg

Steven by Steve Madden 'Tina - Medium' Hobo
$198.00

Is any designer/brand surprising you lately?

Last edited:
No Cute, I have noticed Steven by Steve Madden bags as well when I am just browsing through the stores. Remarkably cute! Though I find the bags a bit heavy for me personally.

I have been pleasantly surprised by Michael by Michael Kors bags. They are really fun! I got one as a gift and would buy more, but they too are heavy (he uses a heavy canvas lining).

My mom also picked up a Calvin Klein clutch-type bag which is SO nice and the leather is so soft that now I want one. They too have been coming out with some nice classy styles.

I like the looks of Steve Madden bags but every time I pick one up in the store I am a bit put off by the materials and construction -- they look better in photos than they feel in real life, and they seem to bruise easily.

One of these days I will find one on sale enough to justify getting it, I am sure.

What materials do they use? I saw one was sheepskin when I was browsing online. And they are heavy? Do tell. I am actually going to the mall to find ds some shoes tomorrow, so I don't want to get my hopes up for a fun time meeting some of these bags. ;)

the steven bags are actually really cute! i clicked on your link and clicked on another picture off that link and the belted crossbody tote in turquoise is gorGeous!!

I've actually never seen the Steven bags before, but I do own a couple pairs of Steven shoes. I really like them, so I imagine I would like the bags as well - these styles you linked to are really cute!