Sterling Silver Jewellery

m'laden

O.G.
Nov 13, 2006
I bought a Sterling Silver Ring from Gucci last week, and have only worn it twice but the underside of it is all scratched now and there is a few kinks and dents! Is this normal? I haven't been knocking it around, just been wearing it and doing normal daily activities.

Has anyone else had this problem with Gucci jewellery or any other jewellery in general?

TIA

I'm sorry to hear this! I don't have Gucci silver jewellery but silver can be quite soft especially if it's pure or close to 100%. Even daily activities like washing your hands or handling dishes can dent silver (and gold and platinum) for that matter. Perhaps you can ask Gucci if they have an recommendations -- maybe polish it for you? I know you can polish gold and smooth out the dents. Good luck!

I have a lot of silver pieces from Tiffany's and yes they unfortunately they all scratch and get small dents VERY easy. Silver is a very soft metal. I don't think there is anything you can do about it. No matter how careful you are. And it will look really dull soon. I just suggest getting some silver polish and cleaning it.

i have a few gucci silver braclets and yes they do get dinged up and unshiny :sad: but they are pretty easy to shine up with a soft cloth!!! :smile:

sorry to turn the pity party on me but HELP i cant find my gucci charm braclet and im super sad :sad:

but back to you...just shine it up and it should look fine :smile: i wanna see pics!!!