Stepped on my baby with a HIGH HEELED SHOE!!!! :,(

Lenique0929

Jun 11, 2018
i everyone,

I came home on break to check on my baby, 8 week old Pom Chi, Saturday. She is always underfoot and I accidentally stepped on her back paw, with a high heeled shoe. She SCREAMED like crazy, cried and went to sleep. I felt like a horrible mommy.

She was limping a bit.

I checked her paw and she didn't yelp or pull it away. I also tried to bend it and she didn't do anything either.

Is this something to go to the vet about?

She’s been playing, running, etc, sometimes holding the paw up.

It’s now Monday and it still continues. She’ll no longer let me rub it for longer than 2 seconds. She pulls away and whimpers, but still plays and runs, occasionally limping.

i everyone,

I came home on break to check on my baby, 8 week old Pom Chi, Saturday. She is always underfoot and I accidentally stepped on her back paw, with a high heeled shoe. She SCREAMED like crazy, cried and went to sleep. I felt like a horrible mommy.

She was limping a bit.

I checked her paw and she didn't yelp or pull it away. I also tried to bend it and she didn't do anything either.

Is this something to go to the vet about?

She’s been playing, running, etc, sometimes holding the paw up.

It’s now Monday and it still continues. She’ll no longer let me rub it for longer than 2 seconds. She pulls away and whimpers, but still plays and runs, occasionally limping.

You need to take her to a vet. The bones are so small and delicate. You don’t want tp risk that it heals improperly.

You need to take her to a vet. The bones are so small and delicate. You don’t want tp risk that it heals improperly.
Ok that’s what I’ve been thinking more and more. :/ I feel so bad because I love her so much and can’t believe I stepped on her.. should I take her to the emergency vet tonight or could I wait until tomorrow morning?

I have two mini dachshunds of which I have accidentally stepped on more than once. They are always underfoot! It happens. It doesn't make you a bad person or pet owner. A bad pet owner would never watch for behavior that would indicate that it's potentially more serious. Sorry I just saw this or would have responded earlier. If you haven't already, I would try to get her in as early as you can. I'm sure she will be fine. If it was really serious she would not be running or playing at all.

I have two mini dachshunds of which I have accidentally stepped on more than once. They are always underfoot! It happens. It doesn't make you a bad person or pet owner. A bad pet owner would never watch for behavior that would indicate that it's potentially more serious. Sorry I just saw this or would have responded earlier. If you haven't already, I would try to get her in as early as you can. I'm sure she will be fine. If it was really serious she would not be running or playing at all.
Thank you so much

Don't feel bad. I have tiny dogs I've stepped on before and even rolled onto during the night. It happens to pet owners, and they let you know if they've been injured, like your dog did. You don't have to rush to a vet with every little thing, but if she's still in pain days later that isn't a good sign, especially since she's a little pup still. Did you manage to take her?

Reactions: coloradolvr