Statement on Non-Authenticity Needed

Hi All,
Well after over 6 weeks after I filed my dispute /claim with PayPal they sent me an email yesterday to have the purse authenticated. I was just wondering if it is best to go through mypoupette or a local consignment store to have the authentication done. :confused1: I only have till the May 31st to get the letter faxed into PayPal or they will close my claim. For all of you who needed to get documentation to show paypal that your bag was FAKE who did you use?

Any advice is appreciated! Thanks!

Do you have a good consignment store local to you? There was a thread on here recently that said mypoupette can be very slow and you don't have much time to play with

I about a half hour from San Francisco, so I am sure I can find a high end consignment store. I am wondering if PayPal prefers the statements from mypopupette or a consignment store. I think I read on someone else's thread that they were denied their claim even when they send in their Non-Authenticity letter. I wonder which one would hold more weight with PayPal. Mypoupette or a consignor?

I wonder if the local consignment store will be willing to give the written statement? If they do, will PayPal take their words? I would like to know the result. Please keep us posted.

In the meantime, try multiple ways to get the statement since there isn't much time left.

This is the email that PayPal sent me:

[SIZE=+0]In order to continue with the investigation of your complaint, we must[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+0]request documentation to support your claim that the item is not authentic.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+0]Please obtain a document from an unbiased, third-party, such as a dealer,[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+0]appraiser, or another individual or organization that is qualified in the[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+0]area of the item in question (other than yourself), which clearly[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+0]identifies the item as not authentic. If possible, the document should[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+0]include a serial number and description of the item, and must be on[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+0]letterhead that includes the name, address, and phone number of the[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+0]individual, business, or organization so that PayPal may contact them if[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+0]necessary.[/SIZE]

I thought I read somewhere that caroldiva authenticates Chanel so you could check with her. i am not sure whether she is already in such standing to be considered.

btw, I am surprised paypal didn't let you know straightaway you should get it authenticated. when I opened such claim I spoke to a girl at the resolution centre beforehand, and she recommended to go straightaway to get the authentication. I was lucky to get it from the national brand manager bec this brand is not very established yet here.

good luck, hope you get your money back

I'm sorry you have to go through this. I hope you get one in time.

I think I read on my poupette that you could contact them in case it was really urgent and tell them how many days you had - but I'm not sure.

Another thing; I don't get why it's the buyers responsibilty to get the bag authenticated. Its all such an long proces and I'm sure that most times the buyer is right about the purchase being non-authentic, and it's so difficult to get it authenticated at the retailers, shops, etc.

Hope you get it over with soon. :yes:

Hope this helps - I had the same situation only with a Tod's bag. Unfortunately PayPal took EIGHT WEEKS to tell me they wanted the statement of non-authenticity then gave me something like three days to get it. Luckily, mypoupette.com sent me my let in LESS THAN 24 HOURS!! It was really overnight. I took the photos of the bag and emailed them around 5:00 p.m. my time. The next morning I had the letter. I was thrilled with the turnaround time. I highly recommend going that route. One word of caution - you will be out the $35 it costs. You will also be out the amount of money that it costs to ship the bag to PayPal when they determine it is a fake. It's not a good system that they have. I ended up still losing alot of money and TIME! even though I won the claim. Pooh to PayPal for that!