Stam in Bronze - HELP my Decision !

jlmrocks

O.G.
Feb 3, 2006
Hi,

Maybe I am having buyer's remorse from all my bag shopping lately, but anyway, I am currently am awaiting the arrival of my Bronze Stam, which I had ordered w/o seeing her in person from BG.

Now, over the weekend, I went to NM to check out their pre-sale and saw that they had the Stam in Bronze, Black and Ivory. I was checking out all the colors, when I decided to venture in Chanel territory and see what they had. At the time, it ultimately came down to the Black Stam or this Chanel black satchel (similar to a LV Speedy) which I had previously been lemming. Well, I choose the Chanel and was ok with my decision and was going to cancel the BG order...well, it has Already SHIPPED! So, now I have a new dilemma.

I would like to check out the stam a little better...as I had when sales people are all over you not helping in yoru decision. At the time, I felt the bag was a bit pretentious, do you think it comes across this way? or is it have more to do with how you hold yourself.

Also, do you think the color bronze is a versatile color? I wouldn't do ivory and while I did like the black leather, I don't want another black bag. So, I guess it really depends on myself right. Just wanted some input though.

TIA,
JEn

Jen,
Stam a is beautiful bag, it's not pretentious at all. I am not too crazy about metallic bags so I would choose Black or Ivory over Bronze. If you are unsure about Bronze Stam, you should return it & and wait for other colors for Stam -- don't settle. =)

I've seen the Bronze Stam in person, and it's gorgeous! I really think it depends on how you dress while you use the bag. With such a beautiful bag, you really shouldn't overdo what you're wearing since the bag should be the showcase. That's just my opinion. Once you get it, if you still have doubts, you should return it, and get the Chanel that you've been on the fence about. Good luck and let us know what you decide to do.

Bronze is beautiful IRL! I saw a gal wearing jeans and she looked great! Check it out and see if you like it before you pass on it. The color is getting limited, I heard...

Thanks girls! I will have to wait until my Stam comes and then really check the bag out and then decide. I guess when I was looking at the Stam, I was in shock at how gigantic the kisslocks are! And I like big bags! I am a handbag connoisseur lately, so I think that is where some of my guilt comes in. Anyway, I will definitely make a valid decision and let you all know. Thanks for your replies!

i ordered a bronze stam from saks last week,and it should arrive sometime this week. i ordered it in bronze bc i saw 2 grls carrying it in different locations in manhattan,and they both looked gorgeous! the bag goes with more colors than u can imagine,and i think its a verstaile color that can bring u into the fall as well....wear it with jeans,a pretty dress...anything! trust me, u will love it! besides, isnt the metallic aspect of it soo ROCK STAR?!? hahaha....i think its def better than any regular boring black. good luck!! :biggrin:

Hey - Congrats on your order too! It seems that many of you, are seeing other women carrying the bronze thus justifying the bag especially in that color. I normally like black and while lovely in that bag, the bronze struck me more so. I even checked it out against what I was wearing in the store and I was casual with chinos and a T-shirt, but I was a bit overwhelmed and more into checking out the Chanel counter! Yes, the metallic is so ROCKER CHIC! In fact, I had a pewter Botkier Trigger when they 1st came out, but later traded as that bag just didn't work for me.

Anyway, I am thinking I will keep her, but I will see...buyers remorse lately!:biggrin: