'Squeaky' handles on Damier speedy

NYC79

Apr 8, 2008
Per the title, is this normal??

Did a search for a whole slew of keywords and came up with nothing... Speedy, damier, handle, noise, squeak :shrugs:

I imagine its a combination of the stiff leather wrapped a bit too tight around the brass hardware, been hoping it would minimize with use but no dice so far. A little irritating because its a noticeable noise when in a quiet place (ie elevator) :wtf:

Any thoughts??

In my experience, and that's not much, the Damier bags, which have tinted chocolate leather, make that noise because of the tint. I own a sac plat for example in monogram, and since the leather is made from virgin vachetta they do not squeak unless I really give the bag a shake, but then it's just the noise from the hardware swinging back and forth.
Hope that helps!

Thanks Felipe,

I'm refering to the Damier Ebene (chocolate brown)... Ive been thnking along the same lines as my azur speedy makes no noise nor does my Epi Montagne Sac and the leather on the ebene is certainly stiffer and more textured. I guess a little miffed in that I cant find any trace of it being brought up here in the past (which is whats making me wonder if its 'normal')

Do you know if the noise lessens as the leather stretches out?

Yes, the bag's handles do make that noise when new.
Mine did the same, but it eventually disappears with use (leather stretches eventually)..
Don't worry about it, and WEAR it!