Spring/Summer 2012

I don't think the bucket bag is as small as it looks in the photograph when you read the measurements. Can't wait til these pix are up on the website so we can really enjoy them. Perhaps the MMS name was changed because it is a classic BE bestseller...and she's now going with this international theme.

I like tassels (never the short, stubby ones) on some bags but the BE ones seem to get tatty looking rather quickly. Love the metal zipper pulls though! I moved them from the inside pocket to the outside pocket on both of the MMS bags that I purchased used. A much sharper, cleaner look.

I did the same for some of my other bags. My original Hug me had the most pathetic tassel - they've made them thicker since - and it just didn't work for that long zipper opening, so I switched it for the zipper pull. I find if you wear the tassels next to your body, they can work lose and fall off - happened on my Surprise me and my WTM messenger, so I switched to zipper pulls there too.

Hi Vanbod,

I like the look of the tote but I do worry a bit about the weight of the bag. I think that's one of the things I like about the London Tote style--minimum hardware and the way it rests makes it very light to carry. Of course, I'm pretty sensitive to heavier bag styles so I don't like anything that has a lot of hardware. Just not good for my back!

I am curious to see what styles will be coming out in the future!

Yes, the light weight aspect of the LT is so amazing!

I agree that I prefer the zipper tab over the tassel pulls, although the tassels are a nice element in some bags. Some very lovely designs but I'm still hoping a few bags will make a return to stock including the NY Satchel, the Stockholm Tote (it was gone before I ever knew it existed) and the London Tote Midi. So happy to see the MMS midi has returned, even if it has a new name. It's a great classic satchel.

Would also love to see an updated version of the WTM Midi. It's a great style and I think it would continue to do well.

Yeah, I love the international theme she's using! She's got so many great names to choose from, too!

I don't think the bucket bag is as small as it looks in the photograph when you read the measurements. Can't wait til these pix are up on the website so we can really enjoy them. Perhaps the MMS name was changed because it is a classic BE bestseller...and she's now going with this international theme.

I think my favorite out of the new designs is the Barcelona tote--I love how it looks when it's folded over and also hand-carried. I think that bag in black would be fantastic and extremely versatile.

It's also very lovely in the grey chevre, although I don't see it as a preorder option color at the moment...

Attachments

• Barcelona-Satchel-Grey-folded-300x300.jpg
    Barcelona-Satchel-Grey-folded-300x300.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 140
^I wish it had been made folded over, like a TM with outside pockets.

I see your point, but maybe they felt like the TM was so awesome that there was no point to add another similar style?:P

I think the foldover tote style has been pretty popular as of late. I like the look, personally. The black matte almost looks like suede--maybe it's the lighting? I think I would want a really rich black for that style but that's just me.

I am loving the Barcelona!! Had not bought a bag directly from BE in years but quickly did the pre-order for the Barcelona in the black velvet matte with brass hardware to go with that caramel lining :smile: I almost went for the mint one too and the Cannes in whiskey calf but had to restrain myself with Christmas shopping still on the horizon. I've been wanting a black BE matte bag forever and just love the lines and look of this one, especially those front pockets!