Spinoff Queenlouis thread- Do you buy "maybe" items at the FP or outlet

Do you buy Coach you are not sure if you really want because

• because you live too far and you don't want to go back?

• because you buy at FP & hang onto it until (when & if) it hits the outlet

• because you can always return

• because you are afraid it will be gone if you don't snatch it up?

• other

Results are only viewable after voting.

lizmil

O.G.
Dec 30, 2007
  • because you live too far and you don't want to go back?
  • because you buy at FP & hang onto it until (when & if) it hits the outlet
  • because you are afraid it will be gone if you don't snatch it up?
  • other
making a poll

I know that if I don't get it now, it's not going to be there when I go back, so I'd rather buy it, think about it, and return it, than feel regretful that I didn't get it the first time.

If I'm only feeling a *maybe* on it, I won't buy it full price. It has to be true love for FP.

If the *maybe* feeling is only because I'm feeling *maybe* on the price, I'll buy it for a good deal. - But if I'm feeling *maybe* on whether I like the bag or not, I won't buy it even for a great deal. Because $150-$200 is not a bargain if you don't really like the bag.

QueenLouis,

I am sorry to say I think I actually understood, that reasoning , it made sense, & I have done it myself, wink, winK.

I don't have access to FP though.

Let me preface by saying I've only ever bought two things for FP at the Boutique.
I normally only buy from the boutique whenever I get the 25% PCE coupons and I really want the items I buy. That said, I then wait and never use what I bought until I make sure it's not going to the outlet first. I've found that 80% of what I bought at the boutique does end up at the outlet, so I do a lot of re-buying the items at the outlet, and then returning the earlier boutique purchase (also to the outlet). The SAs at my outlet just LOVE {heavy sarcasm} seeing me walk in the door w/ my bag of returns!

CA-Anonymus ~

paraphrase, the SAs *love* seeing you with returns.

Wow, I kind of feel that way when I return a factory purchase to the outlet. I can't imagine a full price return at the outlet. I don't live near a FP so I don't have the issue come up. But thank you, I suppose FP returns at the outlet go on the outlet shelf & hopefully someone, like me finds it. It's comforting to know that you believe 80% of FP items end up at the outlet. I guess that means I have hope for the Parker in Cinnamon.

liz

I've actually realized that if I do buy a *maybe* item thinking I can return it if I change my mind, the situation is that I really do want the bag, but just feel guilty about spending the money on another bag. I've never wound up returning one. (Well only once, but that's because I found the same bag at the outlet 2 days later and returned the first bag to Macy's. So I didn't really get rid of the bag, just replaced it with the cheaper one.)

Let me preface by saying I've only ever bought two things for FP at the Boutique.
I normally only buy from the boutique whenever I get the 25% PCE coupons and I really want the items I buy. That said, I then wait and never use what I bought until I make sure it's not going to the outlet first. I've found that 80% of what I bought at the boutique does end up at the outlet, so I do a lot of re-buying the items at the outlet, and then returning the earlier boutique purchase (also to the outlet). The SAs at my outlet just LOVE {heavy sarcasm} seeing me walk in the door w/ my bag of returns!

I think it depends on what you are returning.

I've only bought FP and re-bought once when I got a PCE card after I bought at FP (magenta julianne). I had not cut the tags off so I re-bought the bag with PCE and returned at the outlet. All other purchases after that have been with PCE at FP store or I buy at the outlet.

When I returned the julianne to the outlet, 3-4 SAs were hovering and looking at the bag even as they were helping other customers. The one helping me said that someone was going to be real lucky and it would be gone by the end of the day.

I don't really have an issue paying FP if I truly love the bag. There is a bag I wanted since it was released in the boutiques. I would have bought full price BUT it is a color that is not neutral and would only go with specific outfits I own. Plus it is a shoulder bag and that would be be good for hand or crook of the arm carry (I don't do over the shoulder). That being the case, I knew I would wait until it hits the auction sites. Unfortunately it is in the outlets now but I can't get to one...on the plus side...they are opening an outlet near me in the next month so hopefully it might still be there! God help my dear bank account once that outlet opens :smile:

For the most part because I am too far away. I only shop at the outlets or online really so if I decide later on I don't like it, I have my receipt although I've only made 2 returns from my outlet purchases so far.

Usually I'm unsure about a bag, spending over $100 on something is a lot of money and I want to love something if I'm going to keep it! So if I see something I like I'll usually buy it, bring it home and put it out so I can stare at it and try it on. If in over a month or so I haven't cut the tags and used it, It's got to go back. Plus there are always the SA's that are saying oh just return it you can always return!!!! They get me every time.

mcoop,

I should adopt a rule like yours for more than just Coach, If I haven't used it take it back. In addition, I fight the -buy one to use & one to tuck away for later- urge. I JUST did that yesterday. I bought a small black planner, I like it because the hardware is small and won't add weight. Item number 1801. It's an older model too, at least the insert was. The fact I wouldn't find it again was part of my justification. paid $25.43 with tax.

Attachments

• black planner.JPG
    black planner.JPG
    19.9 KB · Views: 16