Spilled coffee on my vachetta (pics) plz help

I’ve been reading through this thread and wow things can sometimes get out of hand unnecessarily. I baby my bags and I completely get where the OP is coming from. I do have to say that my personal experience with the patina champ has been great and it did not darken the vachetta at all. I do have to say that you have to be careful with how much water you use as the cloth should be very slightly damp. There should be absolutely no water dripping in any way. Here is my neverful right after the patina champ method. Btw, it was brand new when I did it. View attachment 4009258
Your neverfull has a beautiful patina. I read every single comment twice before I did it. Technique is everything when it comes down to it. Water to cloth ratio is very important. I was so nervous but it turned out perfectly fine and the water spot I did have on my 3 week old bag just disappeared once it dried. Now I "champ" all my vachetta with confidence and keep it movin'!! No point in owning bags that cost thousands if your afraid to handle or use them. They're bags, not a human heart.

Reactions: 47109 and manda331
Your neverfull has a beautiful patina. I read every single comment twice before I did it. Technique is everything when it comes down to it. Water to cloth ratio is very important. I was so nervous but it turned out perfectly fine and the water spot I did have on my 3 week old bag just disappeared once it dried. Now I "champ" all my vachetta with confidence and keep it movin'!! No point in owning bags that cost thousands if your afraid to handle or use them. They're bags, not a human heart.

Thank you. I agree with you in that these bags are made to be used and we should enjoy them. I have also used the patina champ method on all my bags with vachetta and I’m pleased with outcome.

I agree with the two posters above. Take a white or very light colored wash cloth and try to press and blot up as much of the coffee as you can. Then I'd try a alcohol free baby wipe on it and blot again. I'd be trying to lift out as much of the dark coffee stain as possible. Good luck!

This method should work! The same happened to me and it was a success.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Reactions: 47109 and Twingles
Same. I’ve wiped with water and it didnt change the color of the leather. I’ve actually scrubbed with a pretty wet cloth and it made no difference to the color or texture when it dried. As long as you wet the vachetta evenly and use clean water (I used distilled bc I have hard tap water), I don’t think you will see water stains either. If the leather seems dried out after wiping, just use a good conditioner like Cadillac.
Cadillac conditioner? Oh NO no NOOooooo !

Re-activating this topic as my issue is similar:
A couple of days ago I spilled coffee inside my Neverfull (rose ballerine interior) and thought everything was okay as I use a Samorga Organizer and it wasn’t much. Now when switching bags and with the organizer out I saw that not everything was good. The coffee must have soaked through the organizer and the rose interior has a big coffee stain. It’s the Button only luckily and the interior pocket has no stain mit even the slightest. I’ve had stains before from magazines and minor coffee stains and was always able to completely remove them but that was the reason for the organizer. I’ve never had a stain this big. How would you try to remove it?

My idea was to use a wet white cloth and dab it. Then try cleaning it with baby shampoo, then dab the whole shampoo out. It’s the Damier Ebene version btw. Would it make more sense to turn it inside out and put it in the shower? I appreciate your help as I really want to remove as much as possible of the stain :flowers: