Spend threshold for B/K/C

It won’t necessarily delay a quota bag but with the current stock crisis, many SAs feel like you’ve been “checked off” the needy list with any bag offer/purchase. There are too many mouths to feed right now so if you’ve been given anything recently, they’ll tend to look toward someone who has gotten nothing when the next bag comes in rather than double dipping with one client. But with all things H, exceptions can often be found with large non leather purchases…
Hello! Thank you for your detailed posts all the time. I was wondering, is leather jacket from RTW counts towards QB? I’m in USA. Thanks in advance.

Reactions: chanel_hermes_lover
Hello! Thank you for your detailed posts all the time. I was wondering, is leather jacket from RTW counts towards QB? I’m in USA. Thanks in advance.

Yes - Leather jacket is RTW. There's not a "leather" category. Often when SAs refer to "leather" as a category, they meant bags (and yes, that's leather or non-leather bags). That said, everything regardless of whether they were made out of leather, they fall under their product category. I.e. leather trays are still home, leather bracelets are fashion jewelry, leather saddles are equestrian, etc. And everything non-bag (or maybe even unpopular bags) typically count towards your profile for QB in the US.

Hi everyone! This might be a silly question but just wanted to know -
I know that website purchases do not count towards pre-spend for a quota bag. I just bought an item from the website because it's not available in boutiques - would it be possible to return it to the store for store credit, and then buy it again to build up the relationship with the SA? So far I do not have a relationship with an SA and am interested in starting one up to get QB offers.
Thanks!

I know that website purchases do not count towards pre-spend for a quota bag. I just bought an item from the website because it's not available in boutiques - would it be possible to return it to the store for store credit, and then buy it again to build up the relationship with the SA? So far I do not have a relationship with an SA and am interested in starting one up to get QB offers.
Thanks!
I think the only thing silly about the question is trying to get the same item in store when you’ve mentioned that it’s not sold there. If I were you I would just return the item if you’re not in love w it and go shopping at your boutique. Best of luck hun.

Thanks!
My understanding is that web purchases returned to a store are then shipped back to the NJ warehouse distribution site for inspection and relisting. You’d be better off to cancel the order or return it via mail and then go to the local store and have an SA order it from the website for you such that it starts your store profile. Both these situations though will start your account with a return which still isn’t great. Your best coruse of action is to just keep the item you ordered, assuming you can’t cancel it before it ships and you actually love it and want it, and stop shopping online by going into the store next time. Good luck.

I think the only thing silly about the question is trying to get the same item in store when you’ve mentioned that it’s not sold there. If I were you I would just return the item if you’re not in love w it and go shopping at your boutique. Best of luck hun.

My understanding is that web purchases returned to a store are then shipped back to the NJ warehouse distribution site for inspection and relisting. You’d be better off to cancel the order or return it via mail and then go to the local store and have an SA order it from the website for you such that it starts your store profile. Both these situations though will start your account with a return which still isn’t great. Your best coruse of action is to just keep the item you ordered, assuming you can’t cancel it before it ships and you actually love it and want it, and stop shopping online by going into the store next time. Good luck.

Thank you both!

Reactions: Crapples
Thanks!
Don’t return.
In the future, just ask your SA if he or she can order it for you.

In the US, buy what you like at your own pace. The spend is not as important as a relationship, and it helps to stick to one boutique, one SA. In Asia, it may be an entirely different story.

I agree with this 10000%. I think in the US, well at leas where I am located it's really about long term relationship with the brand. I was like you when I first started, the first year I purchased sandals. The second year, I only visited my boutique 3-4 times and only purchased what I wanted, which wasn't very much. The SA that I had been working with for those two years left at the end of the second year and my last visit to the boutique that year was with a new SA and I was offered a constance 18 during that visit (yes, I know it's not a quota, but in my location they treat it like it is a quota LOL). So I do believe it really is dependent on your location. But I have read that in the US, it really is about your loyalty to the brand, so they want long term customers.

Hello All,
I wanted to ask for popular item like B25, is the spend ratio 2:1 or 3:1 at this point for NYC- does that ratio include leather too or only non leather. Thank you so much! :smile:

Last edited:
Reactions: LadyO
Very random, does anyone know if your profile resets after a quota bag? I.e., if you spend 1:3+ on a quota, for the next one, are you still expected to spend 1:1+ or would the store look at your overall profile? Thank you!