speedy vs. neverfull, what are your thoughts?

a4alice

O.G.
Jan 3, 2008
last week i saw the tivoli pm IRL (i was gonna get it for my mom) but i'm pretty sure that she would be disappointed by it, because we have very VERY similar taste and i was disappointed... so, i think i'll wait to get her the vernis alma in amarante when i'm in hk (i called them and they have no release info whatsoever). due to the price increase that will take effect on the coming monday in canada, i was thinking of MAYBE getting something for myself since i have some money. i'm deciding between the neverfull MM or speedy 25 or 30 in azur. which one should i get and why? for background info, i'm 19 and 5'1'' and i already have the roxbury in pomme. OH and should i get it now before price increase or get it in HK? does anyone know if HK or the asian countries also have a price increase like north america?

I'm not as jazzed as I once was over the Neverfull. As cute as it is, it's sloppy and doesn't have a super secure closure. Plus, those ties on the sides are super annoying. So, go for an Azur Speedy 25. It'll be so useful.

between 25 and 30... i know the 25 is very cute... i'm just not quite sure if it can fit everything that i'd like to carry. i will try to go to the boutique tomorrow to get it (if i can't make it then i'm not getting anything before price increase) but i won't have enough time to stuff my things in there to try. here is what i usually carry: wallet, sunglasses, waterbottle, maybe umbrella, lipgloss & handcream. i'm not sure if the 25 would fit all of this and still has some room for other. on the other hand, the 30 might be a little too big for what i usually carry. i need your help!!!

between 25 and 30... i know the 25 is very cute... i'm just not quite sure if it can fit everything that i'd like to carry. i will try to go to the boutique tomorrow to get it (if i can't make it then i'm not getting anything before price increase) but i won't have enough time to stuff my things in there to try. here is what i usually carry: wallet, sunglasses, waterbottle, maybe umbrella, lipgloss & handcream. i'm not sure if the 25 would fit all of this and still has some room for other. on the other hand, the 30 might be a little too big for what i usually carry. i need your help!!!

I say 30 since you already have a small LV bag. I love my 25s for going out to dinner and barhopping, but 30 is a great chic everyday size and you will like the extra room.

Definitely speedy azur 30. I have it and I looove it... But I would say go to the store and put your stuff in both the 25 and 30 to see which fits better. Do you prefer it to sag or no? Because that will factor into your decision too.....I can't really give you an advice / info about the price increase in HK but Good luck deciding.

between the two, definitely the Speedy. it is so classic. very purse-like. neverfull's ok, i don't like the handles (seem so thin and "cheap") and i don't like how it's completely open.

btw, that's *so* sweet of you to get the vernis Alma for your mom!! you have me thinking, I really should buy my mom a bag, she's done so much for me.

I'd also get a speedy 30, all shoulder straps fall off my shoulders... so that's more annoying than having one un-free hand lol, besides a handheld doesn't hurt your shoulders