Speedy or Alma?

I like the speedy, I have 2 or them and use them both all the time, at first the sagging bugged me, but now I don't even notice it. The Alma to me seems like a more serious bag, I'm not a big fan, I see it more as something my mom would carry ,if that makes sense.

Cristina said:
Here is a photo of the Speedy. I don't have one of me carrying it, so you can see just exactly how much it sags.

I only have one Balenciaga bag, that I got this past Friday. I actually won mine from eBay after posting the auction here and getting a thumbs up on authenticity. Unfortunately, I don't know of any stores in SoCal that sell Balenciaga, but I think a few other girls are in that area and can help you. I know that Bob Ellis and Gretta Luxe carry Balenciaga, but I don't think either of those stores are in Cali. Before buying mine on eBay, I was considering purchasing from Barneys New York or the Balenciaga store in New York, but I got a great deal :biggrin:

View attachment 2836

Thanks!!!

i've a speedy 30, but i always carry so much with me it actually never sags at the bottom... but its a good point you could always go and have a look at the epi leather ones! :biggrin:

Like LV_addict pointed out, the Alma is definately a dressier bag. I'm looking for a speedy 25 right now actually, so we can be speedy hunting buddies on eBay !

The sagging can be remedied by putting something in the bottom of the bag that helps hold the shape. Mine doesn't sag at all b/c I do this each time I carry it.

Speedy! But I'm biased since I have an Epi Speedy with a Monogram Speedy on the way. The Alma just looks too formal for my liking. Let us know what you decide....hopefully, we're helping you!

I vote for the speedy. I have the 25, and magazine would be too big. I cute a piece of cardboard just the right size and stuck it in the bottom. At first I felt weird carrying such a nice bag with a bit of cardboard in the bottom, but it serves the purpose well.

pursegalsf said:
But I just don't like the fact that the bottom of the bag sags since it doesn't have a structured bottom like the Alma bag. I've seen girls wear Speedys that have a sagging bottom and it's just not attractive.
I would appreciate your help! Thanks. :biggrin:

Just keep a magazine (doesn't have to be a thick one) at the bottom of your bag and the bottom will stay flat and won't sag.

I read somewhere that you can use thick cardboard on the bottom - someone had actually gotten similar colored material as the inside canvas and glued it onto the cardboard.

honu said:
I read somewhere that you can use thick cardboard on the bottom - someone had actually gotten similar colored material as the inside canvas and glued it onto the cardboard.

I don't think I'll be glueing anything onto my speedy! Yikes! I plan on having that bag for a long time!!!

Jessica Simpson and her sagging Speedy.

JAN06LVSPEEDY10.jpg