speedy - mono, damier, or minilin?

Jul 22, 2007
i have been wanting a speedy for quite some time but can't decide between the 3. i narrow it down to 2 choices and then i change my mind. i like the mono bc it's classic BUT my other LV bag i kinda stained bc i tried to wipe what i thought was a pen mark that then became a big moisture circle!! so getting the right patina colour won't be easy. the mini lin is lovely but i'm worried about the pilling. i'm leaning towards a 30 damier but i don't like that there are so many fakes (for mono too).

which one would you get / have? TIA :tup:

i'd say either a monogram or damier azur if you're in your teens or 20s. if you are more mature i.e. more office-lady-like etc. then you should get the damier... just personal opinions here.. hope i don't offend anyone

Can't go wrong with any one of them. I have all 3 and love all of them. Granted, I'm less careful with both because there is no vachette on it. But if you decide to get a mono, just spray the vachette with leather protectant before using it. That way you won't need to worry about water marks. A majority of my bags are mono and I'm not affraid of it.

I like my mono so much I'm willing to put up with the hassle of taking care of it for the classic LV pattern but if you don't want to have to worry about the vachetta or getting it dirty I would get the damier for a worry free bag that will stay looking new for a long long time.