Speedy lovers (and others): why do you prefer a handheld bag?

Shoulder bags give me a *kink* in my shoulder and it becomes irritated cause I start rubbing the shoulder blade. Since I carry LV, it makes me feel extra special, so I like to show case my handbag! Hand held bags are more lady like.

Because of shoulder problems, I can no longer use my shoulder bags. I thought it would be hard for me to carry a handheld all the time, but I got use to it, and now it is very natural to put a Speedy on my arm instead of a bag on my shoulder.

I find it most convenient to carry a bag in the crook of my arm. I do sometimes carry them in my hand also when I wear a speedy or a papillon but the crook of the arm is where they often end up. I notice that when I'm putting the groceries onto a conveyor belt hand held bags are annoying bec. I don't like to put my bag down.

i love a handheld....a perfect excuse not to carry anything, honestly...

i always tell my husband "can you hold the baby, my hands are full!"
or "can you grab the bags out of the car?my hands are full."
or "can you push the stroller?my hands are full"...

I like to hold up my bag to prove my point.lol.hahahahahaha....

it usually works...but then sometimes my husband will point out that i can hold things in one hand and hold my bag with the other.lol.
ah....*sigh*i love him :smile:

I think shoulder bags look sloppy when you wear them. When you carry a handbag you look sexy not sloppy. Jmo . :queen:

yes, but it also depends on the style of the shoulder bag.

most, but not all, are either boring plain shapes, or big bulky unsexy shapes...

when i find that rare sleek but sexy looking shoulder bag, i snap it up!but because they are so rare, i can't honestly say that i prefer them to a handheld...but i can honestly say that i do prefer the beautiful ones i've found OVER the hand helds.

the thing i love about handhelds is that they draw attention to your outfit, and they add a bit of insight to your personality...they say "i'm feminine!" much more than a shoulder bag.

Generally i don't like handheld bags. Having said that though, I love the Speedy. I love how it looks on me and I just love the carefree feeling when I'm carrying it. Maybe it is because I don't have to carry a lot of other things.

Of all the LV bags that I own (I'm bag), I love the Speedies :smile: So iconic, so LV :smile:

arielqueen said:
Generally i don't like handheld bags. Having said that though, I love the Speedy. I love how it looks on me and I just love the carefree feeling when I'm carrying it. Maybe it is because I don't have to carry a lot of other things.

Of all the LV bags that I own (I'm bag), I love the Speedies :smile: So iconic, so LV :smile:

Yes I totally agree.
I switch my speedy to my wrist when I need two free hands, solves a multitude of problems.
Iconic bag, easy to find your car keys in :smile:

i am a shoulder bag girl. but my sister and mama chose the speedy 30 in mono for me. Miss Speedy is now my darling !!!! i never can image handheld bag can look so darn cute !! and it add some dimension when i carry it, as in, more protruding accessories and colors made my outfit looks more 3D and fun :biggrin: