Speedy b dilemma

NWGal

O.G.
May 25, 2012
Awhile back I had the speedy b 30 in DE. While I loved the style I grew tired of the uncomfortable shoulder strap and hated how it would lose it shape when I carried it on my shoulder. I never carried it cross body (I have a bloomsbury & oedon for when I need a cross body).

I ended up selling it and now I'm questioning if I'd like the mono version better because the strap would be more comfortable since it's vachetta. Or, perhaps the speedy b empreinte may be the better choice? From what I can tell from pics of the speedy b 25 it seems to hold its shape better in the mono but the opening is so tiny so I'm kind of leaning towards the empreinte.

I'm shorter and have a few extra pounds and I worry that the speedy 25 may look small on me (I haven't had a chance to try it on yet), from the pics I've seen it will hold all my items with no problem, it's just the appearance I'm a little concerned about. Although, isn't the trend these days smaller bags? ;) I'm not ruling out the 30 but it did get a little heavy and I'd assume empreinte would be heavier.

Last edited:
I'm 5'1 with a few extra pounds :biggrin:. IMO 25 is the perfect size.When I try on the 30, I feel like I'm carrying luggage. I'd like to eventually get a empreinte.

Good luck

I like 25B as a shoulder bag and 30 as a handheld, 30B is very awkward for me as well, the DE strap is so stiff and not comfortable for summer. However I'm super in love with my mono bags, 25B and 30, they both are very comfy and beautiful, I wouldn't want them to change a thing as they are perfect.

I also love my Empreinte speedy 25B, the opening is bigger, and the leather is just so beautiful and dreamy. But I won't use it as my everyday bag.

Happiness is not about how much you have, but how little you need.

I like 25B as a shoulder bag and 30 as a handheld, 30B is very awkward for me as well, the DE strap is so stiff and not comfortable for summer. However I'm super in love with my mono bags, 25B and 30, they both are very comfy and beautiful, I wouldn't want them to change a thing as they are perfect.

I also love my Empreinte speedy 25B, the opening is bigger, and the leather is just so beautiful and dreamy. But I won't use it as my everyday bag.

I am debating speedy b25 mono or DE, i am not sure how stiff and uncomfortable the shoulder straps are, should I just go for mono?

I am debating speedy b25 mono or DE, i am not sure how stiff and uncomfortable the shoulder straps are, should I just go for mono?

I wasn't impressed with the strap on the speedy b DE strap. I've been super happy with the strap on my bloomsbury & totally mm in DE, they are both really comfortable, so maybe it was a fluke with my speedy b?? I love love love my vachetta straps on the mono bags I own. I just wish it didn't rain so much here, otherwise I'd be able to carry them more often and wouldn't need an alternative.

I saw your reveal and I love the color you chose. I'll have to go check the speedy b empreinte and mono speedy b tomorrow. Thanks for your input!

I wasn't impressed with the strap on the speedy b DE strap. I've been super happy with the strap on my bloomsbury & totally mm in DE, they are both really comfortable, so maybe it was a fluke with my speedy b?? I love love love my vachetta straps on the mono bags I own. I just wish it didn't rain so much here, otherwise I'd be able to carry them more often and wouldn't need an alternative.

Ok... thanks for your reply. I guess i made my decision now, that is speedy b25 in Mono! I Thank You!♥♥♥♥

Buy a replacement strap? A canvas strap?