Speedy B 30 World Tour or Pochette Metis Reverse Mono

Speedy B 30 World Tour or Pochette Metis Reverse Monogram

• Total voters

Strep2031

O.G.
May 25, 2013
So I am struggling with choosing between these two handbags. My current handbags are the Artsy, Speedy 35 DE, Alma BB DE, Cluny MM, Gucci Boston and Chanel Maxi double flap. I have always loved the black handles with monongram on the world tour but also love the pochette metis in reverse. Time is not a factor (metis reverse is out of stock and 6-8 weeks wait time for the speedy). I have fallen in love with crossbody handbags, but I prefer the option to carry top handle. My heart is telling me that I need the speedy world tour to carry items my little one hands off to me when we are walking the malls/stores (before covid) but my heart is also telling me that I will regret not purchasing the Metis in monogram. The current Speedy 35 I own is not the bandouliere so I was only using it when I would run errands alone. I am not purchasing both because I also plan to add a Chanel boy sometime this year. I don't carry the Gucci Boston even though it can be carried crossbody because I am trying to preserve it in pristine condition for my daughter when she becomes of age. I have attached a pic of how I designed the speedy world tour (just 2 stickers chosen). But which one would you choose to round out my small handbag collection, speedy 30 world tour or pochette metis reverse monogram? Two different handbag styles, I know.

Speedy World Tour.jpg

hi. i have both. I hardly use my PM since i do like Speedy B a lot (i have3 and 1 Gucci boston). since you are planning to have Chanel Boy, you may want to have a PM for everyday use since it is care free? i have not used my PM handle for carrying so i am not sure if you would like it though.

Reactions: Strep2031
Thank you Work_For_Purse. Right now I am using my Alma BB for everyday. Its worming out great but I am afraid it will be too small when we are able to safely move around and not have to worry about Covid. I have a little shadow (daughter) that will probably tag along most of the time. What size are you Speedies?

Reactions: Work_For_Purse
Just be aware the "stickers" on the World Tour will likely wear out. I have a Murakami cherry blossom wallet from 2003 and a porter illustration wallet from 2006, both prints wore off with use. I doubt the "stickers" will fare much better - unless they're using a permanent printing method now?

Thanks to everyone that voted on this. I did not go with either of the two choices. Instead I purchased this GST from Fashionphile. I unboxed today and it totally exceeded my expectations. The GST wasn’t even on my radar (although it was the first and only Chanel I ever wanted) but the condition (relatively “new” as there is zero signs of wear) of the handbag was too good to pass up.

Thank you Work_For_Purse. Right now I am using my Alma BB for everyday. Its worming out great but I am afraid it will be too small when we are able to safely move around and not have to worry about Covid. I have a little shadow (daughter) that will probably tag along most of the time. What size are you Speedies?
My speedy B DM is 30, Marine Rouge Empreinte Speedy B is 25, MWT B is 30, Watercolor Speedy is 35. I feel 25 is too small for me to carry all i want to carry. Because of Covid, i only go out to pick up foods so i am using my reverse PM at the moment.

Thanks to everyone that voted on this. I did not go with either of the two choices. Instead I purchased this GST from Fashionphile. I unboxed today and it totally exceeded my expectations. The GST wasn’t even on my radar (although it was the first and only Chanel I ever wanted) but the condition (relatively “new” as there is zero signs of wear) of the handbag was too good to pass up.

Congrats on your first Chanel. I am eyeing for double flap medium but i am too chicken to pick up the big tab. It is my last one of my purse unicorn list.

Congrats on your first Chanel. I am eyeing for double flap medium but i am too chicken to pick up the big tab. It is my last one of my purse unicorn list.
Thank you Work_For_Purse (love the name). I have the double flap in the Maxi and I absolutely love it (was my first Chanel). Totally agree that the price tab for a brand new double flap is pretty steep but if it's going to be a forever bag for you, maybe that justifies the price tag.

Reactions: Work_For_Purse
Thank you Work_For_Purse (love the name). I have the double flap in the Maxi and I absolutely love it (was my first Chanel). Totally agree that the price tab for a brand new double flap is pretty steep but if it's going to be a forever bag for you, maybe that justifies the price tag.

Thank you so much. I know that it will be forever bag and procrastinating is costing me several price increases :sick: