Speedy B 25 or odeon?

Feb 26, 2008
Hi to everyone on the LV part of TPF! I have long been a lover of Mulberry bags, but I am looking towards LV for my next purchase. (I think I'm sadly falling out of love with Mulberry which is a shame as it's such a British brand.)

My only LV pieces are the cles key pouch in ebene and the pochette in azur. I'm looking for a sort of weekend / cross body bag and have narrowed it down to the speedy B 25 in ebene or the odeon which only comes in mono. I prefer the damier canvas rather than the mono but the shape of the odeon is so elegant for a cross body bag. Also here in the UK the mono print is often seen as likely to be fake or a sort of bragging designer look, which doesn't help. I don't see all that many LV bags around in London, apart from the neverfull which is popular.

Any opinions? Or suggestions for something different perhaps?

Ah! I was just in your same position! I am a damier lover too, but the shape and look of the odeon spoke to me, and when I tried it on, I was sold. Yes it is mono but it isn't a very common style, so I wouldn't worry about it. Anyway, I love it, I know where it came from and that is all I care. Let people think what they will, as there will always be hateful people in the world. So make yourself happy first.

I am not wearing my Odeon as I just got it last week and I am currently tanning it outside and preparing the patina.

GL!

My next purchase is going to be a Speedy b de 25. I think it is very versatile. I needed a smaller bag that I can use in any weather for casual or lunch/ dinner, shopping. I like the odeon, but in UK we have too much rain. As mentioned above, Bloomsbury pm might also be a good option for you.

Thank you all so far - 2 votes for speedy and 1 for odeon! I'll have another look at the bloomsbury, I had forgotten about it, for some reason it didn't appeal so much but I can't remember why now.

Thank you all so far - 2 votes for speedy and 1 for odeon! I'll have another look at the bloomsbury, I had forgotten about it, for some reason it didn't appeal so much but I can't remember why now.

Yes, I prefer how Speedy b 25 looks over Bloomsbury pm. I had a Bloomsbury pm before but sold it, I just didn't love it enough. Have a look at Mary Hanson and Nashtasia's YouTube video review of the Speedy b 25 de. Jerusha Couture has done a really good YouTube review on her Speedy b 25 in mono after a few months of using it. Her bag has a lovely patina only after a few months. She mention that she uses it in all weathers.

I just had a look again at the bloomsbury on the LV website, and I much prefer the shape of the odeon as a cross body.
Thanks Rani for the youtube suggestions, I'll have a look. Didn't think of looking there! Is the rain a big problem with the pale leather on the mono bags? Another question, do you get a box when you buy from a store??!

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1405176538.422505.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1405176550.822825.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1405176564.349105.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1405176582.749690.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1405176592.588225.jpg
Just to give you an idea of what fits inside. Also I can fit an insolite with a camera with a long lens. It holds more than you would think. I was surprised at how much I loved it right away. But you have to try and see what is right for you. I thought I would love the Bloomsbury as I love Damier but I didn't love it at all on me.

Hope this helps!

Odeon is a beautiful bag, but if you live in a place that rains a lot, it may not be the safest choice. I am a total sucker for the Speedy B. I want a 25 B in ebene so bad! I have the 30 B in mono that I purchased on impulse and fell in love with. But if you like the shape and look of Odeon, you should look at the Bloomsbury for sure! I saw a lady wearing it in person and it's gorgeous, especially with the red interior :loveeyes:

Good luck deciding :smile:

Of those choices I like the speedy b, especially for the carefree DE. We bought an odeon for my MIL and she likes it very much. I just got a Bloomsbury. It was a bag that wasn't on my radar, but after looking in the clubhouse and seeing how much everybody loved it I was sold. In my experience, the times I find myself needing a cross body most is in bad weather so wanted DE. Both are great choices though but I vote speedy b.

Between those two I'd go with the Speedy B. My friend recently got a Bloomsbury and it's so cute on her! It was a bag that I'd never though anything about but so many rave about it here. I now see the appeal of the bag. It's really a great bag and looks great when worn.

I have both the Odeon & Bloomsbury and love them both. I once had a speedy b 30 but sold it. I know folks wear the speedy b cross body but I never did. Of the 2 I'd vote for the odeon. The strap is super comfortable and you really can fit quite a bit inside.

I would go for a Speedy B!
You can use it 3 ways, fits a lot inside, beautiful, comfy, ( but if you want to wear crossbody , the buck on the strap can hurt ! Try it on first if you can )
It's doesn't hurt me, but I was reading posts about it.

I think speedy b is winning so far! I'm not sure why I'm not so drawn to the Bloomsbury and prefer the odeon, as they are quite similar in style. Thanks for the photos of the odeon, it does look great. I need to get to a store and just try them all I know, but it always helps to do some research first!