Speedy 25 - why did I wait so long??

img

Life is short. Buy the bag.
O.G.
Jan 3, 2008
I own 4 different Speedy's in size 30 (Emp Noir, Mono, DE, DA) and recently purchased a preloved DE Speedy 25 in great condition. I am SO IN LOVE with this little bag! I used to LOVE large bags, even though I am short and thin, but lately I feel like the bigger bags don't look as nice on me as they used to. I purchased Speedy 25 initially long ago and at that time I felt like it looked like a child's purse on me. Today, I feel like it looks better on me than the size 30! This little beauty fits everything I normally carry with room to spare. I'm in love!

Havanese 28

May 4, 2014
Congrats! Is so chic in DE and in the 25. I did the same thing, started with a 25 ( many years ago), but found the opening too small even though the bag was plenty roomy for what I carry. Purchased the 30 not too long ago and loved the look and the size, but a year later I'm feeling it's too big in look and space. I'm considering the classic Speedy 25 in DE now. Funny how our preferences change! I recently got the SC PM in Galet and love the size of that bag! I think your new bag is very versatile and beautiful! Enjoy!

img

O.G.
Jan 3, 2008
Congrats! Is so chic in DE and in the 25. I did the same thing, started with a 25 ( many years ago), but found the opening too small even though the bag was plenty roomy for what I carry. Purchased the 30 not too long ago and loved the look and the size, but a year later I'm feeling it's too big in look and space. I'm considering the classic Speedy 25 in DE now. Funny how our preferences change! I recently got the SC PM in Galet and love the size of that bag! I think your new bag is very versatile and beautiful! Enjoy!

I agree that it's interesting how we change. I used to love large bags but now I feel they look sloppy (on me). I don't carry that much around and I realized I was just clinging to those large bags "just in case". Just in case of what?? Well, I might want to put a sweater in, or a water bottle, or my kitchen sink. LOL! I'm so happy with my 25.

Havanese 28

May 4, 2014
I agree that it's interesting how we change. I used to love large bags but now I feel they look sloppy (on me). I don't carry that much around and I realized I was just clinging to those large bags "just in case". Just in case of what?? Well, I might want to put a sweater in, or a water bottle, or my kitchen sink. LOL! I'm so happy with my 25.
I can certainly relate! We're about the same size too. I'm 5'3" and 100# and slightly smaller bags look more polished. My children are older, so no need to have the extra " just in case" space in my bags. I got an Epi Alma BB in a fun color last July and realized that, with a small wallet ,that bag could go lots of places! I sold my DE Speedy 30 and my Chanel Cerf Tote prior to getting the SC PM earlier this month. No regrets. I do want the DE Speedy 25 now, thank you for that! I love Speedy and DE!

Last edited:

img

O.G.
Jan 3, 2008
I can certainly relate! We're about the same size too. I'm 5'3" and 100# and slightly smaller bags look more polished. My children are older, so no need to have the extra " just in case" space in my bags. I got an Epi Alma BB in a fun color last July and realized that, with a small wallet ,that bag could go lots of places! I sold my DE Speedy 30 and my Chanel Cerf Tote prior to getting the SC PM earlier this month. No regrets. I do want the DE Speedy 25 now, thank you for that! I love Speedy and DE!

My kids are also older and I don't need to carry as much stuff, or any of their stuff. I use my Sarah in my Speedy 25 and it's totally fine to get in and out. No problems with the opening. I also have a ZPC so that's always an option, too. The Alma BB is so cute! I want a Speedy 25 in DA now for summer! ACK!

Havanese 28

May 4, 2014
I have a zippy coin purse also and it's perfect in my smaller bags. My full size wallet is the Cuireuse. I think the Speedy 25 in DE can " go more places" vs. the 30. It's beautiful, functional and easier to transition. I miss having the DE Speedy and mine's only been gone less than a month. I would love another, but in the 25 size. I've spent a lot of time and thought fine tuning my collection this past year. I'm not opposed to let bags go, and I've been very lucky with what they sell for ( they are in fabulous condition and I have dust bag, tags, box...). I'm much more selective with my purchases because I'd like build a more " permanent" collection. Classic LV bags are the Best!

Last edited: