Speedy 25 threads poking out of piping.

LVBagLady

O.G.
Jan 19, 2006
This Speedy is a little over a year old. I'm wondering if these frayed threads are going to be a problem. Interior stitching looks tight. I bought this online from a reputable consignment store that I have ordered from before.20180425_193229.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

This is what I'm afraid that my speedy will end up looking in a few years lol. Sorry.. OT.

If it's not a problem for you now then I wouldn't be thinking about it too much. But these are signs of damaged threads so it might turn into a problem, not now, but further down the road. Maybe years.

This is what I'm afraid that my speedy will end up looking in a few years lol. Sorry.. OT.

If it's not a problem for you now then I wouldn't be thinking about it too much. But these are signs of damaged threads so it might turn into a problem, not now, but further down the road. Maybe years.

I'm trying to decide if I want to return it. It's in great shape otherwise. Leather has barely patina"d. Has watersports but that doesn't bother me.

I'm trying to decide if I want to return it. It's in great shape otherwise. Leather has barely patina"d. Has watersports but that doesn't bother me.

If it is bothering you then return it. If it's not then keep it. You describe the seams as very stabile. So I guess it will hold quite a while yet.
I wish I could help you further. :smile:

Reactions: LVBagLady
If it's bugging you and you truly think it will get worse you should probably return it. I had a similar situation on a mono bag strap I purchased. Not recommending you do this but I took a needle and pushed the two stray threads back in and then put a drop of super glue on the same needle and inserted it into the two holes. Has never come unraveled again. I didn't want to deal with the foolishness and time consuming repair garbage you sometimes get from LV. I needed my strap now, not wait forever for a repair that LV just might veto fixing by calling it wear and tear.

Reactions: LVBagLady
If it's bugging you and you truly think it will get worse you should probably return it. I had a similar situation on a mono bag strap I purchased. Not recommending you do this but I took a needle and pushed the two stray threads back in and then put a drop of super glue on the same needle and inserted it into the two holes. Has never come unraveled again. I didn't want to deal with the foolishness and time consuming repair garbage you sometimes get from LV. I needed my strap now, not wait forever for a repair that LV just might veto fixing by calling it wear and tear.
I got a good deal on it. $400 less than retail and the bag is in like new condition. I was thinking before I read your post that I'd carry it for the summer and deal with repair s in the fall. I'll try pushing the threads in with a needle as you suggested, but no superglue since LV wouldn't repair it. Thank you. [emoji5]

Reactions: p3b
I got a good deal on it. $400 less than retail and the bag is in like new condition. I was thinking before I read your post that I'd carry it for the summer and deal with repair s in the fall. I'll try pushing the threads in with a needle as you suggested, but no superglue since LV wouldn't repair it. Thank you. [emoji5]

This is the bag20180424_120945.jpg

Reactions: p3b
Pretty. When we buy preloved we have to accept some degree of less than new, that's just fact. If the canvas and vachetta are nice (as they look), this seems a good tradeoff to live with, to me. I've never heard of a Speedy oozing its stitching fibers as a known issue...so this could be about all you'll see.