Speedy 25 in Mono or Damier Ebene ?

i posted some photos a while back on the condition on my speedy 30b around 3 years ago here, not sure if this link works if you copy and paste? Generally it’s held up well as I don’t exactly baby it but I don’t put it on the ground. It is more of an everyday bag for me, not an occasion bag.
I’m not sure what the black corners are on yours, mine is the red canvas as it’s heavily used. I wouldn’t say the red canvas peeking is a quality issue tho because i wear it as a shoulder and crossbody bag. My bag hadn’t changed that much since those photos although I’ve used it a lot over the years.

Thank you, my corners are black where your are red. I am assuming over time that will happen to my bag too. This is my daily bag & it will continue to be. I want to grow a small collection but don't plan on switching out bags for work. This one got enough attention. So I will need to try to be more mindful. I am glad to hear yours hasn't gotten worse. Thank you again!

So, I gave it some thought and decided to send the Monogram back. And... look who arrived today! She feels completely different to the Mono and although not as pretty as the Mono is perhaps more discreet and as I live in France that is a very good thing! I am loving the red lining!View attachment 4833779

you made the right decision! Beautiful bag! I love mine and it’s worry free and the strap worn crossbody never bothers me! Enjoy it!

De is def the way to go if you don’t want to have to worry about what could happen the look of your bag. I have the mono speedy because I loveeee the patina process. I know people hate that it can show some wear and tear on the leather but in a way I love how it ages with me and builds character. Yes I got caught in the rain with it. Yes it has some water stains. But I remember the day when that happened and where I was. And it doesn’t make me love my bag any less.

Reactions: TigerMoth
De is def the way to go if you don’t want to have to worry about what could happen the look of your bag. I have the mono speedy because I loveeee the patina process. I know people hate that it can show some wear and tear on the leather but in a way I love how it ages with me and builds character. Yes I got caught in the rain with it. Yes it has some water stains. But I remember the day when that happened and where I was. And it doesn’t make me love my bag any less.
I absolutely agree with you insofar as the patina is concerned, and she was such a stunning bag but for me the Mono, was just a little too shouty - as a bag the DE feels completely different, and I've been reading lots of comments with people saying that the canvas wears quickly on the corners - but we shall see.
Has anyone had an issue with the quality of the 25 B DE?

How is the canvas wearing for you? I purchased my DE 30 Speedy B about 3 months ago and the canvas corners are already starting to wear off and turn black. I don't baby my bag but I didn't think I was abusing it either. I got the DE assuming it was more durable. I knew it could happen but I didn't think it would happen so quickly. It's not noticeable yet to anyone but me. But I also know it's going to get worse as it ages. I want to purchase a 25 Speedy B and was thinking of the DE again but now I am not sure. So I was just wondering what your experience has been.
I absolutely agree with you insofar as the patina is concerned, and she was such a stunning bag but for me the Mono, was just a little too shouty - as a bag the DE feels completely different, and I've been reading lots of comments with people saying that the canvas wears quickly on the corners - but we shall see.
Has anyone had an issue with the quality of the 25 B DE?
I bought my Speedy B25 in DE 3 years, 3 months ago and do not have any wear (knock on wood). I don't baby it, but I also don't put it on the ground or in shopping carts. It is in the dust bag when I am not using it.

Reactions: TigerMoth
I bought my Speedy B25 in DE 3 years, 3 months ago and do not have any wear (knock on wood). I don't baby it, but I also don't put it on the ground or in shopping carts. It is in the dust bag when I am not using it.
Thanks, good to know.... my DE is my first LV and no one said just how addictive LV bags are, I can't help looking at her! She's lovely!

Reactions: p3b
The Speedy B in mono is beautiful, but since you're getting the Graceful in mono, I'd stick to DE. If that is still too hard, let the weather in your area be the deciding factor (and determine which bag you'll use most). For me, DE was the clear choice for my Speedy B 25 because I live in Northern California, where it rains (usually!) in winter. And when I purchased 3 years ago, I wore my Speedy crossbody and took a train to work everyday and didn't want to worry about ruining the canvas during wet days. I ended up getting a mono print shoulder bag for dry, sunny weekends and that quelled my mono lust. Of course, then I needed a DA for the summer, an Epi for the evening and a Mini Lin Monogram for fun..

The Speedy B in mono is beautiful, but since you're getting the Graceful in mono, I'd stick to DE. If that is still too hard, let the weather in your area be the deciding factor (and determine which bag you'll use most). For me, DE was the clear choice for my Speedy B 25 because I live in Northern California, where it rains (usually!) in winter. And when I purchased 3 years ago, I wore my Speedy crossbody and took a train to work everyday and didn't want to worry about ruining the canvas during wet days. I ended up getting a mono print shoulder bag for dry, sunny weekends and that quelled my mono lust. Of course, then I needed a DA for the summer, an Epi for the evening and a Mini Lin Monogram for fun..
Wow, your collection sounds amazing... any chance of some photos to assuage my LV lust?

What an amazingly gorgeous family, the pink one is fab, what model is it?
Thank you! That's the Josephine GM/Mini Lin Monogram and my latest addition (purchased in April). It is really great for traveling, which I had to do a few times since May. It has a doctor's bag opening, so it was really perfect for me to fly with and stuff a lot in with easy access.