Speedy 25 in Mono or Damier Ebene ?

Hello lovely people! I'm having a wobble - please help. I received my 25B mono 2 weeks ago and love it but... am now thinking it looks too small on me. I'm 5' 5" and 120lbs - cross body it looks fine which is my usual way to carry it and its absolutely big enough to carry my small amount of things but handheld I'm not so sure. But am also thinking the 30 may look like a gym bag on me when worn cross body... any thoughts? Any photos of people my sort of size holding a 25 would be great please? I still have time to exchange....

Hello lovely people! I'm having a wobble - please help. I received my 25B mono 2 weeks ago and love it but... am now thinking it looks too small on me. I'm 5' 5" and 120lbs - cross body it looks fine which is my usual way to carry it and its absolutely big enough to carry my small amount of things but handheld I'm not so sure. But am also thinking the 30 may look like a gym bag on me when worn cross body... any thoughts? Any photos of people my sort of size holding a 25 would be great please? I still have time to exchange....
I am 5’1” and 124 lbs. I own two Speedy 25b. I would not entertain the larger 30 because it would look like a gym bag on me. In terms of function, the 25b provides more than enough space (if anything I have trouble filling the bag). I normally use smaller handbags and the 25b is my largest (excluding work tote bags). My next used LV is the Alma BB. Best of luck.

Reactions: p3b and TigerMoth
Thanks! I don't fill mine either so I am tempted to stay with the 25. She is very lovely so maybe I should just commit to keeping her and start using her! She's still mainly in the box!

If

If you look back at my previous pics here. I'm just a little taller than you and about 5 pounds heavier. As I, and others our size have written, the 30 will totally look like a duffle bag on your frame. It's why I changed my mind immediately when I was considering (back when stores were open). Don't give in to your doubts. Enjoy your bag!

DE as it rains a lot where I live. But straps can get uncomfortable sometimes. Still I’ll choose the DE again if I need to pick again. So carefree.
Hi, I took delivery of my speedy B Mono 25 2 weeks ago and haven't used it yet as I haven't really been out - but now I am concerned that the vachetta will mark if it rains - I'm thinking to exchange it for a DE so I can be carefree but are the DE straps really uncomfortable? I am cross body most of the time.

If you look back at my previous pics here. I'm just a little taller than you and about 5 pounds heavier. As I, and others our size have written, the 30 will totally look like a duffle bag on your frame. It's why I changed my mind immediately when I was considering (back when stores were open). Don't give in to your doubts. Enjoy your bag!
You are absolutely right, the 25 is a great size - I may exchange her for a DE though as they appear to be lower maintenance! Oops! Just made the same comnent twice!

Reactions: Love_N_Lune
You are absolutely right, the 25 is a great size - I may exchange her for a DE though as they appear to be lower maintenance! Oops! Just made the same comnent twice!
fwiw i have both but use the mono soooooo much more. once it gets a lovely honey patina going it really isn't much of a worry and i think the mono and vachetta look particularly beautiful on this bag. jmho. both are great but that's been my experience : )

Reactions: TigerMoth
fwiw i have both but use the mono soooooo much more. once it gets a lovely honey patina going it really isn't much of a worry and i think the mono and vachetta look particularly beautiful on this bag. jmho. both are great but that's been my experience : )
She certainly is beautiful and what you have said is soooo helpful. Maybe I should keep her and try the wet sock technique! Personally I don't feel the DE is as good looking as the Mono. Tricky though, they are both so lovely

She certainly is beautiful and what you have said is soooo helpful. Maybe I should keep her and try the wet sock technique! Personally I don't feel the DE is as good looking as the Mono. Tricky though, they are both so lovely
i will also add that , having been in this game for a loooong time, the vachetta straps are more comfy. they soften with time. the de sometimes cut into you shoulder. i have speedy b's in multiple sizes in both de and mono and. the vachetta straps are always more comfortable to me.

Reactions: TigerMoth
Wow, you're really persuading me to stay with the Mono! It is both the vacheta and all the care needed with that, which was worrying me and also that the Mono can look 'flashy' but hey! If Audrey Hepburn can carry it off, so can I. May I ask, what makes you use the Mono soo much more than the DE?

i will also add that , having been in this game for a loooong time, the vachetta straps are more comfy. they soften with time. the de sometimes cut into you shoulder. i have speedy b's in multiple sizes in both de and mono and. the vachetta straps are always more comfortable to me.
I think my comment above didn't show as a reply, but may I ask what makes you use the Mono so much more? Is it ok in the rain? Does the vachetta go spotty?