Special Order Watches

I have 2 Cape Cod GM its my favourite watch.
one is an older one with the H link metal strap black face.
The other is white face double tour band. When I brought it it came with Hermes orange alligator double tour strap but over time I've found the strap too delicate in exotic for every day wear and there I hit a problem.
Going to the H store they only did double tour bands in a very limited range of colours (from memory it was Etoupe,Iris,Orange, Black in ,Aligator or Barenia leather)
I really really wanted rouge hermes, Rouge Vif, a darkish Grey or navy blue for my strap and was dismayed to learn that I couldn't special order a strap for my watch In a colour that I wanted.
So frustrating as H are a leather goods company known for fantastic colours and here I was with a £2000 watch I couldn't find a leather strap for in a colour I liked.
I hope they roll out the SO bands to owners of non SO Cape cod watches as if they did so I would be chomping at the bit to buy one-or at least if not SO straps offer some more varied colours in the double tour GM strap.

A quick bump up to those that may have done this custom order. Have you heard anything related to ETA on arrival to boutique?
A few days ago I asked and they didn't have much info except that it most likely will be delayed. I was suppose to expect mine around now. I'm thinking at best it's August. But that's only a guess.

Did you place an order? What was the estimated date they originally told you?

Can't wait to see mine! I'm sure you are excited too!! :flowers:

A few days ago I asked and they didn't have much info except that it most likely will be delayed. I was suppose to expect mine around now. I'm thinking at best it's August. But that's only a guess.

Did you place an order? What was the estimated date they originally told you?

Can't wait to see mine! I'm sure you are excited too!! :flowers:

When I placed my order, the original ETA was end of May. My SA seems to not have a definitive answer either on how backlogged it may be.

I just found out my watch is in! Earlier than expected!! What a total surprise! :yahoo: :panic: Now how to pick it up. :idea:

LOL I was going to say the day after I had posted the above, my SA called and said it was in. The only issue that I have is I had to get a custom sized band and it's not to the store yet, so I have to wait until that comes in to take the watch home with me. I'm still going in to take a "sneak peek" next week at it though.

Reactions: terinicola
I just loved how you could have it engraved and I really wanted a specific crocodile band that I don't think is offered with the normal line.
Mine still hasn't come in, I was originally quotes end of May

LOL I was going to say the day after I had posted the above, my SA called and said it was in. The only issue that I have is I had to get a custom sized band and it's not to the store yet, so I have to wait until that comes in to take the watch home with me. I'm still going in to take a "sneak peek" next week at it though.

It was so funny. I got contacted the day after your bump post too. But I wasn't expecting it to be here this soon. I'm happy. I'm sure you're happy too. I can't leave the house for a few more weeks, not even for a curb pickup so they will ship it to me. Can't wait to see it!

Congratulations corgimom11 ! I know you are waiting for the strap but at least like you say you can go to the store and see it! Enjoy your viewing!! :love::drinks:

Reactions: corgimom11
Here's my unveiling! I'm jazzed by the way it turned out. Love the the champagne/nude face and the pop of color in the alligator band. Now I need to order other colors for it. The engraving turned out perfect. Sorry no photo of that.

I wonder if this event has started up or has ended. They initially said it was to go for about two months but then covid-19 happened shortly after.

Love to see when others get their beautiful cape cod ! Thanks for letting me share!! :flowers:fullsizeoutput_7288.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_7289.jpeg

Gorgeous -- I ended up picking up mine too. While my band isn't ready yet, I picked it up anyway and they will swap the band when it gets here. They rewarded me handsomely in the meantime with my B35 :smile: but I am thrilled with how my watch turned out. I can't wait for my barenia band to get here.

View attachment 4774471
Love your SO Cape Cod ! Is it a gold case or ss? Lovely!

AND congratulations on your new B35! Oh lucky day!! :drinks:

Gorgeous -- I ended up picking up mine too. While my band isn't ready yet, I picked it up anyway and they will swap the band when it gets here. They rewarded me handsomely in the meantime with my B35 :smile: but I am thrilled with how my watch turned out. I can't wait for my barenia band to get here.

View attachment 4774471

I absolutely love this combo. Is 23 the only size? I love big watches and I wish they would let me SO them

Love your SO Cape Cod ! Is it a gold case or ss? Lovely!

AND congratulations on your new B35! Oh lucky day!! :drinks:
This is a SS case.
I absolutely love this combo. Is 23 the only size? I love big watches and I wish they would let me SO them

I asked about if I could do this in a Heure or a watch with a larger face because I love big watches too but they said it was only the Cape, and only the 23 in that SO run.

Reactions: iamberrytastic