Special Order Watches

Hermes Zen

Feb 19, 2020
Hello, Wondering who else had placed a special order Cape Cod Watch. This is the first time Hermes has offered this and it is only for some US stores, at least for now. Maybe if this goes well, they will expand opportunities. This event started about a month ago and was for limited time or until they max out. Don't know what that number is.

Didn't see a thread on this so starting one or please point me to the right direction. :smile:

Would love to hear from others who placed an order and what they thought of their experience.

I thought it was a little limiting but loved the thought of ordering a more customizable watch. Will take two or three months is my understanding. However, with the shutdowns and effects of coronavirus, would not be surprised this will take much much longer. Cant' wait to get it !! :biggrin:

I got to play with that but then I got bored (there weren't many options that I wanted)
You can have
-diamonds to add on the case(whole case)
-2 kinds of mother pearl faces(they only had white when I got to play mine)
-numbers (I don't remember this part)
-A leather band (not Exotic when I played with it/maybe because the new CA RULES OF EXOTIC)
The price from 5-6k at the start (if I am not wrong) up to 12k plus.

Not too many things go with what I want so I bought this instead which had everything I like.

Attachments

• 089C0A81-9DBE-47CC-AC70-E32A366DEB7E.jpeg
    089C0A81-9DBE-47CC-AC70-E32A366DEB7E.jpeg
    148.6 KB · Views: 876
It was all done on the store iPad. You can see realtime, when you select each step. Here's what I recall -
Size - 23 only
Case - Stainless Steel, Stainless Steel with diamonds on sides, Stainless Steel with diamonds around the whole frame, gold
Face - Depending on which frame is selected, some had more option. Two limited edition was champagne with some diamonds on face and black. Other options was the white, mother of pearl
Bands - Few colors in leather, alligator
Free engraving on backside

Sorry that's all I recall.

I got to play with that but then I got bored (there weren't many options that I wanted)
You can have
-diamonds to add on the case(whole case)
-2 kinds of mother pearl faces(they only had white when I got to play mine)
-numbers (I don't remember this part)
-A leather band (not Exotic when I played with it/maybe because the new CA RULES OF EXOTIC)
The price from 5-6k at the start (if I am not wrong) up to 12k plus.

Not too many things go with what I want so I bought this instead which had everything I like.
LOVELY !!

Reactions: tlamdang08
Thanks I will pass.
:giggle::giggle::giggle::drinks:

It was all done on the store iPad. You can see realtime, when you select each step. Here's what I recall -
Size - 23 only
Case - Stainless Steel, Stainless Steel with diamonds on sides, Stainless Steel with diamonds around the whole frame, gold
Face - Depending on which frame is selected, some had more option. Two limited edition was champagne with some diamonds on face and black. Other options was the white, mother of pearl

hihihi Your info more than what I can recall,
To be honest, I was kind of disappointed so I lost, and started to look at real watches were on display at that time:blush::facepalm: and Found mine :love:

• Haha
Reactions: papertiger
Size - 23 only

Thank you!

Reactions: Hermes Zen
It's not really the same as special order bags - the options are a little limited, although the watches are beautiful.
FWIW I was under the impression it was available outside the US as it was offered to me in London.

It's not really the same as special order bags - the options are a little limited, although the watches are beautiful.
FWIW I was under the impression it was available outside the US as it was offered to me in London.
Absolutely agree, it's not quite like a handbag SO. But I did like the realtime visual of the watch instead of having to imagine like what my SO handbag would look like in my head. :-s The boutique actually called it a by invitation SO watch event and told me it was only in the US. May open it up to outside the US.

Happy to hear you had the opportunity in London!! Can you share your experience that was different or same to what I described? You did or didn't place an order?

Reactions: tlamdang08
Absolutely agree, it's not quite like a handbag SO. But I did like the realtime visual of the watch instead of having to imagine like what my SO handbag would look like in my head. :-s The boutique actually called it a by invitation SO watch event and told me it was only in the US. May open it up to outside the US.

Happy to hear you had the opportunity in London!! Can you share your experience that was different or same to what I described? You did or didn't place an order?
I got a text from my SM about it. He said "I know you're not a watch person" and wondered if DH would be interested. Since DH is a Rolex guy I passed...that's all I know.
I hope your watch comes soon! But then...we all hope that all this passes soon :smile:

Reactions: Hermes Zen
I got a text from my SM about it. He said "I know you're not a watch person" and wondered if DH would be interested. Since DH is a Rolex guy I passed...that's all I know.
I hope your watch comes soon! But then...we all hope that all this passes soon :smile:
I was told it may arrive beginning of June BUT that was before the epidemic. No telling when I'll get it now. If/when I do, I can post a photo of it.

Take care, be safe. I'm new, Love this forum! :love:

I was offered one of these, but the timing was just right. My husband and I just celebrated our first year anniversary. The "modern" gift is a clock of some sort, so I was planning to gift him a watch. As he picked his out, my SA asked me if I was interested in this watch SO.

I did the the half diamonds on the case, white mother of pearl diamond dial, and then I had options of exotic and leather bands. I went for a barenia band to match what my husband had picked out (who can say no to barenia anyways??). My SA mentioned that they would be able to put on order additional bands for us, exotic & otherwise, as we wanted to add them. I got our wedding date engraved on the back.

I think it worked out well for fabulous anniversary gifts, just patiently waiting :heart::heart:

Your watch sounds amazing and such a special memorable watch it will be!!

Please share when you receive it and I will also ... whenever that happens. :drinks::smile:

P.S. I plan to order other bands too. :smile: Nice we can change them out ourselves. That's another reason I love Cape Cod and Nantucket !

Reactions: HBfan81