Special order decisions

Status
Not open for further replies.

tnv101805

Apr 21, 2019
Hey everyone,

I need help in deciding my FIRST EVER special order! So I placed the order today but I have until Wednesday to finalize it; So I can still change it.
I chose the Kelly 25 Epsom.
I went with the multicolor Trench as the main color, Etoupe as the handle and side panel, and rose lipstick as the stitching color with polished gold.
Well now I don't like my choices anymore. I went in wanting only one color with an exterior stitching and different color inside lining. I got talked into the "multi color" because thats what makes a special order "Special" i guess.

So anyways now I am deciding between Trench or Gold
So I was going to do Trench with some type of light pink stitching and light pink lining
or Gold with some neutral stitching and light pink lining .. wit brush gold harware

What do you guys think? Any pictures of your special order or trench bag would be appreciated. And those who went with one color or multi color; what was your decision making?

Reactions: California Dreaming
Hey everyone,

I need help in deciding my FIRST EVER special order! So I placed the order today but I have until Wednesday to finalize it; So I can still change it.
I went with the multicolor Trench as the main color, Etoupe as the handle and side panel, and rose lipstick as the stitching color with polished gold.
Well now I don't like my choices anymore. I went in wanting only one color with an exterior stitching and different color inside lining. I got talked into the "multi color" because thats what makes a special order "Special" i guess.

So I was going to do Trench with some type of light pink stitching and light pink lining
or Gold with some neutral stitching and light pink lining .. wit brush gold harware

What do you guys think? Any pictures of your special order or trench bag would be appreciated. And those who went with one color or multi color; what was your decision making?
If your gut feeling was to have one main outer color with a verso interior, I would change it to what you love. Just because the bicolor is a popular choice and screams the loudest of being a special order bag doesn’t mean it’s the right choice for everyone.
This is a special order for you, and while hopefully it won’t be your last; I think you should get the specs that sing to you and maybe save the multicolor option for the future.

Watching this thread because I’m in the same position! Just offered my first SO and struggling with what to order. I want something very low key and classic, but still unique enough to justify the special order! I think the multi color exterior is just going to be a bit much for me. I’m already a bit self conscious about carrying these bags, so I want to tone down the flash!

Congratulations on your first SO! I know how exciting this must be for you. I had just received my SO Kelly 28 less than two months ago. For my SO, I decided on a single external colour (noir) but with a contrast stitching (graphite). The internal is bleu saphir. My Kelly is in chevre - such a beautiful luscious leather which makes the colour shimmers. I'm probably less adventurous than you - I want my SO to be understated elegance. It doesn't bother me if other people can't tell it is an SO. I think for my next SO, I will do the same - single colour external (not necessarily noir) and verso (happy, bright colour inside)! Good luck in your decision making and do update us!

Congratulations on your first SO! I know how exciting this must be for you. I had just received my SO Kelly 28 less than two months ago. For my SO, I decided on a single external colour (noir) but with a contrast stitching (graphite). The internal is bleu saphir. My Kelly is in chevre - such a beautiful luscious leather which makes the colour shimmers. I'm probably less adventurous than you - I want my SO to be understated elegance. It doesn't bother me if other people can't tell it is an SO. I think for my next SO, I will do the same - single colour external (not necessarily noir) and verso (happy, bright colour inside)! Good luck in your decision making and do update us!
Could you please share a picture or link to it? :biggrin:

Watching this thread because I’m in the same position! Just offered my first SO and struggling with what to order. I want something very low key and classic, but still unique enough to justify the special order! I think the multi color exterior is just going to be a bit much for me. I’m already a bit self conscious about carrying these bags, so I want to tone down the flash!
I could have written this post! I feel exactly the same as you. I am leaning towards bi colour exterior, but want something classic I won't tire of. I really want chèvre leather, but non of the colour combinations really stand out at the moment. I'm leaning towards etoupe plus a blue, but who knows! This will be a one off for me, rather than my first of many SO's, so I want to go for a combination I will use a lot, rather than an occasional bag.

Hey everyone,

Personally I would go back to the original idea.
I think a timeless colour like trench with light pink sticking would be amazing with ROSE gold hw and a really strong colour pop interior-like anemone or a really strong deep pink-I think the light pink interior would be a bit of a wasted opportunity.
But thats just me-I love classic or dark outer colours with something strong and vibrant inside.

Status
Not open for further replies.