Special Order Birkin Pricing Question

^^ Sweetie, check again, I just got off the phone with my SA in FSH and she says that my SO will be priced exactly at the same price as the same bag / same leather combo.

I also have a question regarding SO. I've been trying to convince DH to try and place one for me, I've never been offered one, but it doesn't hurt to try right? Well of course DH is telling me that we just spent waaay too much money at Hermes in the past couple of months, so I told him that we won't have to pay until the order is ready, which would probably be around 1 year from now. But now DH is asking, what's going to happen if things go wrong in the next year and what will we do if we go bankrupt/ have to move to another country/ tragedy strikes and won't be able to get the bag? Obviously none of these is likely to happen, DH is just trying to find an excuse to keep me away from my addiction, but now I can't help but wonder, what's going to happen if we actually won't be able to get the bag after we place a SO?

I have no idea... but what I did when I placed my SO is I reserved the amount need for it + 25% to allow for increases in the pricing until it is ready, and I am not touching that no matter what!

Of course if things got really really tough I guess I'd have to review this... :shrugs:

You can absolutely pass.

My SA was kind enough to hold mine till I could come in and pay for it (a couple weeks)..but I know they would have sold that baby in a heartbeat had I declined.

You can always wait a few months till the July PO are placed...give some breathing room.

The one thing iI will say is be prepared for it. I was not ready for the huge price increase...resulted in some scrambling on my part as I didn't use a credit card.

Last edited:
Good to know! Although I suppose it would nonetheless be a black mark...

You can absolutely pass.

My SA was kind enough to hold mine till I could come in and pay for it (a couple weeks)..but I know they would have sold that baby in a heartbeat had I declined.

You can always wait a few months till the July PO are placed...give some breathing room.

The one thing iI will say is be prepared for it. I was not ready for the hug price increase...resulted in some scrambling on my part as I didn't use a credit card.

Little H, thank you for your answer. I'll definitly put the money aside before placing the order.

Quinn's mom, I "blame" you for my new interest in SO, we did a reaveal on the same day and I kept looking at yours. I was already fantasising about purchasing a black birkin when I realized it would look so much cooler with a colourful interior!

No not a black mark, Hermes SA's know that sometimes circumstances change and people have to cancel bags.....it's not that big a deal to them

So true, at least in Europe. My SA said it's no big deal, "you might change your mind on color or skin as this will take time and then we'll just order another bag for you".

there is no charge for the special orders, but it takes a lot of time and they have to send it to paris..., sometimes they cant make it. there are only few store who are choices to make those orders, one of them is the hermes store in germany frankfurt and i think a another one is in the new york...! it is more diffecult to get the bag in the usa, for some reason they only get few bags a year and to get those bags you have to be a very very good client over there.

My only reasoning as to why SO might cost more is that the bag will be priced in Euros so for Mook SO, it might be €5650 ?

I am still waiting for my SO orange HAC, can't wait...