Scarves Special Edition Scarves

I have always thought of these as the 'exceptional' editions in that they have some form of embellishment and are therefore priced accordingly. 'Limited' editions to my mind are scarves produced for specific occasions - new store opening, charity, HRH birthday etc - am I alone in making this distinction?

I see what you mean, and I believe that's true. They are two different classifications.

Last edited:
There is a new special edition scarf at London NBS in aid of a teenage cancer trust (sorry forgotten the name of the trust). It's Alice Shirley's Tyger Tyger. The tiger is blue and the background sky is bright red. Forgive me for not taking a picture, it would have meant waiting (another) ages, Christmas shopping was unbearable I just had pay up and flee
I took a picture but didn't get around to posting it, so thanks for the reminder. :flowers: I was told NBS received 40 pieces. Apologies that I do not have an actual pic of the scarf. :doh:

Screen Shot 2016-12-17 at 23.06.11.png

I have always thought of these as the 'exceptional' editions in that they have some form of embellishment and are therefore priced accordingly. 'Limited' editions to my mind are scarves produced for specific occasions - new store opening, charity, HRH birthday etc - am I alone in making this distinction?

You are not alone, I think we have another thread for 'exceptional scarves' some lucky people have posted their own as well

The SA's English wasn't very good, but I do believe he used the word "exceptional". I couldn't quite catch what he was saying, and instead of interrupting him over and over again, I looking at the intricate orange box wondering how I'd lug that home if I had bought it.

Reactions: prepster
Hi all, just wanted to revive the thread with this special edition of Vendanges for Hennessy I got on Monday :smile:)) I think it's sooo cool that Hermes made something like that before they became "enemies" with LVMH ;)

IMG_1495746600.733557.jpg

IMG_1495746627.389351.jpg

And also the question for the fellow special edition collectors, does anyone know if there are more scarves that were made for the liquor and wine companies? I know of three scarves for Hennessy, one for Mumm champagne and one design for Drambuie. Thank you in advance!

So, I don't mean to cause a panic, but right under that terrible picture of the scarf? Clicking that link, and then "Online" will take you directly to the purchase for that scarf.

Also, good lord, you would think Forbes could afford a copy editor.

@FizzyWater thank you for the heads up! Here's the link to the Limited Edition The Battery New York 90cm silk.

Screen Shot 2017-06-09 at 19.18.23.png
Screen Shot 2017-06-09 at 19.18.33.png

Last edited:
Help. I keep trying to open the forbes link for the new Ugo Gitanni scarf and I keep getting a message that Safari can't open it. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks.
I finally got my head on straight and jumped in and subscribed to Forbes. Suddenly no problem. Article came right up and thanks to the great directions was able to purchase the scarf. At least I think I purchased the scarf. Will see about that. I wonder how long they will last. Does anyone know if it will be in more than one CW?

I finally got my head on straight and jumped in and subscribed to Forbes. Suddenly no problem. Article came right up and thanks to the great directions was able to purchase the scarf. At least I think I purchased the scarf. Will see about that. I wonder how long they will last. Does anyone know if it will be in more than one CW?

And now it is way way to late. 1:41am pacific. Brother. You can go straight to usa.Hermes.com Not the Carre page but click on the general hermes.com and the Battery scarf comes up. Much easier. :happydance::graucho:
Time to sleep.

Am I missing something? Following the link correctly redirects me to the article but I cannot find anywhere the option to buy the scarf [emoji15] Could it be because this can only be done from the US and my IP address is recognised as being in the U.K.?

Am I missing something? Following the link correctly redirects me to the article but I cannot find anywhere the option to buy the scarf [emoji15] Could it be because this can only be done from the US and my IP address is recognised as being in the U.K.?

Think I figured it out now after seeing lynn1955 last post. Looks like it is only available to buy from the US site. [emoji30][emoji30][emoji30]

Reactions: Angelian