Speaking of bras, what about underwires?

invisicat

O.G.
Jul 15, 2006
I like the support underwire bras give, but I vaguely remember hearing years ago that wearing them was linked to an increased chance of breast cancer. Does anyone know if that's true?

I read that as well, I wonder if they have done any reasearch to prove this theory

invisicat said:
I like the support underwire bras give, but I vaguely remember hearing years ago that wearing them was linked to an increased chance of breast cancer. Does anyone know if that's true?

All I found at snopes was an article about the anti-perspirant causes breast cancer scare from several years ago (status: undetermined), with a passing reference to the underwire theory.

I love underwire can't wear one without it. I would feel so bare like they aren't holding them up well enough. I don't want sagging boobs by 30. I don't know if that will cause drooping or not!?! My mom can't stand underwire I don't know why..she said it starts poking out. I haven't had any troubles w/ my VS bras.

I'm a pretty average bra size, not super stacked at all, but I always wear underwire. Otherwise I just feel way too unfettered and free :lol: . I thought the cancer link thing was a hoax too.

i only wear underwire. it keeps the boobs from sagging now and later. if you don't like it, its probably because you're wearing the wrong size bra. [oh the joys of working in the lingerie dept. and all the things you learn.]