Speaking of bras, what about underwires?

1. Over at PurseBlog, we started a new series called Closet Confessionals in which we examine how readers and TPFers afford their bag addictions. Read about it in this intro article and submit your own confessional here. We are looking forward to hearing from you!
    Dismiss Notice
  1. I like the support underwire bras give, but I vaguely remember hearing years ago that wearing them was linked to an increased chance of breast cancer. Does anyone know if that's true?

2. I always wear underwire, otherwise I feel as-if my bra is just going to fall off.

3. I read that as well, I wonder if they have done any reasearch to prove this theory

4. i think that was proven to be a hoax, chech snopes. i don't like bras at all :shame:

5. All I found at snopes was an article about the anti-perspirant causes breast cancer scare from several years ago (status: undetermined), with a passing reference to the underwire theory.

6. Underwires are a must!! Otherwise I think its too droopy, IMO.

7. I have to have underwire! If I don't, my puppies would look like I'm sagging.

8. I hate underwire, none of my bras has wire....

9. I love underwire can't wear one without it. I would feel so bare like they aren't holding them up well enough. I don't want sagging boobs by 30. I don't know if that will cause drooping or not!?! My mom can't stand underwire I don't know why..she said it starts poking out. I haven't had any troubles w/ my VS bras.

10. I need the support underwire provides.

11. I've been wearing underwire most of the time but lately I've switched to Bikini-style bras. Can't wear them with everything though, but they're so much more comfortable IMO.

12. Love & need underwire =)

13. I'm a pretty average bra size, not super stacked at all, but I always wear underwire. Otherwise I just feel way too unfettered and free :lol: . I thought the cancer link thing was a hoax too.

14. i only wear underwire. it keeps the boobs from sagging now and later. if you don't like it, its probably because you're wearing the wrong size bra. [oh the joys of working in the lingerie dept. and all the things you learn.]

15. with the size of my breasts I don't get a choice 36D. Ie i feel as though I'm wasting my time in most bras that don't have an underwire in them. I just flop.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice