Sorry, your order could not be completed!

Lizzys

O.G.
Jan 10, 2013
Just got a email from Dooney for the item I placed on Sunday for the Bordeaux Calf Letter Carrier stating everybody makes mistakes. They are giving me 20% off my next order by 12/31 for my inconvenience. Why the heck did it take them three full days to tell me?!?!?! I can't imagine they sold all that many bags because they also sent a email for
Day 15 of the 12 Days of Dooney.

Just got a email from Dooney for the item I placed on Sunday for the Bordeaux Calf Letter Carrier stating everybody makes mistakes. They are giving me 20% off my next order by 12/31 for my inconvenience. Why the heck did it take them three full days to tell me?!?!?! I can't imagine they sold all that many bags because they also sent a email for

That's too bad. :sad: When ordering from Dooney I always hold my breath until I actually get a shipping notice.

Ugh that sucks :sad: I placed an order on Dec 8 and still haven't received a shipping notice. First order with dooney.com and probably my last.
Oh! Whatever you do do not call them unless you are okay with them cancelling your order. I ordered an in stock bag that was 20% off and on Dooneypay. I waited several weeks but no shipment. I called and they said that because the item was not in stock the MUST cancel my order. I did not have a choice in the matter. I still wonder if I had not called would they have shipped the item when it came in stock and honored the sale price and Dooney pay? I will never know. Just wanted to give you a heads up.

Reactions: Stephg
I just stumbled upon this thread. It's been at least six years since I last ordered from Dooney.com but nearly every time I did I would get these strange messages days after ordering informing me that they couldn't fill the order or they couldn't ship the bag for another two months or something. So they're still having the same problems, eh? They never offered me a discount on future orders. I did discover though that by calling them they were sometimes able to expedite things, give the scoop on availability, or come up with a color in a certain bag that wasn't listed on their web site. For instance I might ask "Are you going to have Big Bag in Ocean Purple any time soon?" And the rep would check the inventory and say "Oh yes, we'll have it on March 23. Would you like to place an order for it?" Or "We still have a few left in that color. Do you want one?" Or "What other colors will Big Bag be available in?" And the rep would read off a long list of colors and the anticipated future release dates. The reps were very helpful, in spite of the fact that the current inventory didn't seem to align with the offerings on the web site. Don't know if this is still the case as I haven't ordered from them in a while, but it's worth a call.

Well my order was cancelled. I called because the pending charge on my CC disappeared completely. On hold for 35min... 'Oh your order fell through the system, there was an error, it's out of stock now so it will be cancelled.' WTH is that?? First and last order.

Well my order was cancelled. I called because the pending charge on my CC disappeared completely. On hold for 35min... 'Oh your order fell through the system, there was an error, it's out of stock now so it will be cancelled.' WTH is that?? First and last order.

I'm sorry Stephg. It's so disappointing. This has happened to me in the past too. Dooney is. It known for their customer service.
I actually thought maybe they have remedied their old ways because the item I ordered shipped on 12/13 and it's out for delivery today. I was shocked! I think I ordered it on the 12th. I'm relieved because it's a Christmas present and I thought my daughter in law was going to get an I owe you.
I guess it's hit or miss.

I'm sorry Litzy's. Dooney is not known for their customer service. It seems to be worse during the 12 days sale because of all the orders. I'm glad they gave you a discount to use. [emoji17]

Not only did they cancel your order, but you had to call to find out what happened! All of this while Dooney extended the 12DOD to Day 15 (I received an email for Day 15 yesterday.) They've done the 12DOD for a few years now. You'd think it would be more organized now. I would think a lot of first time dooney.com customers buy during the 12DOD and this is not making them want to return. I'm sorry this happened. Once we buy a bag we really look forward to getting it!

I placed an order yesterday for a Florentine Elisa in teal and though I haven't received a shipping confirmation, when I checked my order online at dooney.com I saw that the purse was supposedly released to UPS--I paid the $5 for the expedited shipping option. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that UPS updates their tracking to show that the package is actually on its way to me.

The teal color has since disappeared from their website...so I hope it was in stock when I ordered and that nothing will be cancelled.

Not only did they cancel your order, but you had to call to find out what happened! All of this while Dooney extended the 12DOD to Day 15 (I received an email for Day 15 yesterday.) They've done the 12DOD for a few years now. You'd think it would be more organized now. I would think a lot of first time dooney.com customers buy during the 12DOD and this is not making them want to return. I'm sorry this happened. Once we buy a bag we really look forward to getting it!

Yep, I was so excited. I ordered the city barlow in geranium - it showed as in stock for 5 days AFTER I ordered so I figured ok they are backed up with orders but the bag is in stock. But apparently because MY order got messed up, it was skipped over and now they are out of stock. The CS was so unhelpful and you could hear it in her voice that she didn't give a sh*t. So unimpressed with this. And of course it was the first bag hubby bought for me, for Christmas. Deep breath... things happen for a reason. Maybe I wouldn't have liked the bag. I will find something else... right??

Yep, I was so excited. I ordered the city barlow in geranium - it showed as in stock for 5 days AFTER I ordered so I figured ok they are backed up with orders but the bag is in stock. But apparently because MY order got messed up, it was skipped over and now they are out of stock. The CS was so unhelpful and you could hear it in her voice that she didn't give a sh*t. So unimpressed with this. And of course it was the first bag hubby bought for me, for Christmas. Deep breath... things happen for a reason. Maybe I wouldn't have liked the bag. I will find something else... right??
Yes they do! The first bag your hubby buys you will be perfect and make you very happy!