Sophia dilemma and seeking opinions on green Kristen

cosmogrrl

Apr 19, 2010
I have the large crimson Sophia, as well as the black gathered and the toffee croc embossed. I am definitely a Sophia kinda girl.

The cobalt has my eye, but I am not really a blue person. I like denimy blues, but I find blues to be hard to work into my wardrobe. I'm all about black, brown, purple, red and in the summer, I'm sort of a sea glass colors kinda girl (pale blue, pale green). Pink is a pretty color, but I don't wear it much.

I find the cobalt Sophia to be a tad strong. I am now drawn to the cloverleaf one, the one with gray and a touch of blue. Trying to think: what could I wear the cobalt one with that I couldn't wear the cloverleaf one with? I do love the STRONG silver/blue dichotomy, but I'm not sure it's for me.

The cobalt is so strong to me that is is overpowering. I almost feel that the rest of the outfit would have to be totally neutral grey or black or something.

On another note, I am drawn to the classic look of the green/gold Kristen pleated satchel. Thinking it could be the winter pop of color with browns, pumpkins, etc.

Green is nature's color, after all.

What say you, o wise ones?

I love the green kristin pleated satchel...I'd definately go for that. Very good option for creams and browns and would work with black also. Can't go wrong it you ask me.

I love any and all Sophia's - and especially the cobalt! I personally would not wear the cloverleaf pattern with patterned clothing - and I think the solid cobalt goes with anything! So my vote is for cobalt :smile:

Well, I wear mostly plain colored clothing. I like the lines to speak, not the fabric.

And the cloverleaf has
wo shades of blue and less blue altogether. I feel I could pair it with blue shoes without them having an argument.

I dunno. . .

The green kristen is so beautiful. I ordered the putty and it's definitely going back. Plasticky and just not the bag for me. Sorry, y'all.

I have been seriously considering the Kristin satchel in green too. I have not seen it IRL yet (hope to next week). I love green and it really does go with a lot of colors. Good luck with your decision.

You said you have the satchel in putty but are sending it back. Other than not liking the plastic look, how do you like the bag in general, shape, the way it carries, etc. Thanks, Anne

Well, I kept the marcasite Kristen satchel. The style is nice, but not one I need a million of.

I have six Alexandras and I'm definitely into the Sophia. But it's nice to have a different bag every now and again.

the Kristen satchel style isn't bad but the putty was just cheapo looking to me and I couldn't see it with any of my wardrobe.

I think you have answered your own question about the cobalt Sophia :smile: Though you are drawn to it, the color does not work for your wardrobe. I would pass it on it as ultimately you would not be 100% happy with it. You seem to be drawn to the Kristin....the color of that bag is great, a nice fall green. The Sophia clover may be hard to match up. I tend to wear a lot of floral pints (the flowers have green stems) so you could probably wear the clover Sophia or green Kristin if you are the same. If not, I think the Kristin will go with more and provide a nice pop of color. If you like the color but don't want another pleated satchel, what about the hobo in this color?

I think Sophia will be around for awhile...with new colors coming. Since you like this style, you could also consider not getting a bag to get a bag or do an exchange and wait to see what new colors are coming for late winter and spring.