Someone talk me into a HH drawstring bag. :) Sorry it's long...

CrayonMarks...they were leather pieces.

Sallyca...Holy cow those are a lot of hours! I've been pushing 40hrs lately and it's running me down!

mothbeast...the Conrad is just a tad too large. I have hats on my hooks in my locker, then a locker divider so something has to be able to lay flatter or be squishy I think.

Welcome Heidi! I am an RN who works in surgery too :smile:

I have never had one of HH drawstring bags though sorry I cannot help you

Hi! Where (East, West, Midwest)? Hospital or SC? I've worked both, liking SC right now. It's so fast paced and high volume. Taking over Ortho now which is adding to the stress...lol! Gotta love OR nursing!:biggrin:

Hi Heidi. I experienced two of the "skunky" and "spoiled milk smell) HH bags but I returned them to HH with no problem (even though they were final sale). I had a Salina drawstring but it was too small and really had no pockets to speak of. I'm not a fan of drawstring bags but thought it was pretty. Ditto the Malinka (I think there's one on ebay, unless it sold). The Nomade drawstring might work for you if you can find one for a decent price because of the outside pockets. Some women own(ed) the Sparrow Drawstring and love it but I gather (pun intended) it's HTF. But if you want me to really talk you into a drawstring, I won't. I can't because I prefer bags that zip close or close with a flap and a magnet. Drawstrings annoy the heck out of me.

The Staci works for many women but not for me because I don't like bags with kisslocks. But if you do, VCP would be pretty indestructible, could be worn all seasons and IMHO is pretty neutral.

My favorite small HH bags (for now) are the Guarde Chain purse and the Marcel because of the size, pockets, organization and ease of carrying. I'm 5' tall so they suit me even as crossbodies at times.

Welcome HHeidi!

I like the Nomade, but it's a bit bigger than what I am looking for now. It's on my list for the future though (for a decent price).

The Marcel...oh boy! It was on my list of MUST HAVES for so long and I sat and sat on that one that was just on eBay. It finally got down to a "DON'T MISS THIS PRICE YOU IDIOT" and I of course, missed it! ARGH! I think it was a tight week money-wise and I just could not make it work. So I will stalk eBay & Bon some more. But I want a pomp too.

I was never this addicted to Coach! It's a bit on the "crazy cat lady" side I think.

As far as the skunky bags, I thought they would air out eventually and just held onto the bags I'd bought. Nope...a couple of years later and still the same thing. :sad:

Hi! Where (East, West, Midwest)? Hospital or SC? I've worked both, liking SC right now. It's so fast paced and high volume. Taking over Ortho now which is adding to the stress...lol! Gotta love OR nursing!:biggrin:

East Coast! In a hospital, I have never worked in a SC but I'd like to try bc the hospital is wearing me down. Ortho is stressful! I recently look over ENT.

East Coast! In a hospital, I have never worked in a SC but I'd like to try bc the hospital is wearing me down. Ortho is stressful! I recently look over ENT.

I understand! I like ENT except BMT days...lol! We did a stapedectomy the other day. Very interesting even though I really couldn't see it. Ortho is stressful more due to my coworkers because no one likes it...so that puts a lot on my shoulders. Otherwise I just love it.

Hi Heidi,

Also think about the Mercer Clutch... I've owned two and kick myself for selling both (Black and Yam). They hold a lot more than you think--more than the Staci but less than a Lorca, and lays wonderfully flat. Opening is spring-loaded and magnet. It's a great little bag! And you can usually find them really reasonably priced.

ETA: It's not cross-body; the strap hangs about as low (maybe a hair lower) than the Lorca, but because it's weighted differently it sort of hugs your body, rather than doing the flop thing the Lorca can sometimes do. The Mercer is deeper, rather than EW wide, if that makes sense?

http://www.bonanza.com/listings/Hayden-Harnett-Mercer-Clutch-Blush-EUC-TPF-/41401640

Hi Heidi,

Also think about the Mercer Clutch... I've owned two and kick myself for selling both (Black and Yam). They hold a lot more than you think--more than the Staci but less than a Lorca, and lays wonderfully flat. Opening is spring-loaded and magnet. It's a great little bag! And you can usually find them really reasonably priced.

ETA: It's not cross-body; the strap hangs about as low (maybe a hair lower) than the Lorca, but because it's weighted differently it sort of hugs your body, rather than doing the flop thing the Lorca can sometimes do. The Mercer is deeper, rather than EW wide, if that makes sense?

http://www.bonanza.com/listings/Hayden-Harnett-Mercer-Clutch-Blush-EUC-TPF-/41401640

I lusted after this one for a long time.

http://www.bonanza.com/listings/RAR...er-Clutch-in-Limited-Edition-Damask-/36346112

:P Yeah... that's a beauty!
The thing I liked about the shape was that while it's a flat closure at the top, it's got a teardrop shape on the side panels, so down inside the bag it actually holds a lot. Doesn't have the compartments of a Staci, but it's a great little bag.

Good luck with your choices!

(And if you're looking outside of HH, the Rebecca Minkoff MAC Clutch is amazing!)

I second that although the MAC isn't quite cross-body. I carried my black quilted patent MAC clutch yesterday to a memorial service/lunch. It was pouring rain and the quilted patent was perfect.