Some questions

Ilin

Jun 22, 2009
Hi

I'm going to buy a Classic Flap and I have a few questions, and I would be thankful if someone could answer them or a few of them.

1. I'm interested in the Jumbo size or the new re-release maxi/vintage Jumbo XL. Will the new Maxi be slouchy or will it be nice and structured like the vintage ones?

2. If I decide against Maxi/Jumbo XL, because I might have problems finding a nice vintage one or the new Maxi is likely to get wings, then I'll go for the Jumbo one instead. I heard that the double C's on the new style are thinner than on the old ones, how much thinner are they?

And now for the big dilemma... I would very much prefer to buy a new bag but I'm not too keen on the small C's, so no matter what I do there will be a problem with my purchase. What do you think I should do? If I buy a vintage one it'll be preowned but have the thick, big C's, and if I buy a new bag it'll be the reverse...

Big decisions! :shocked:

1. I just called my SA asking the same exact question ! She said the new XL Jumbo (Maxi) is very structured and boxy.

2. My SA also said that the old washed caviar leather was the reason the bags got wings because the leather was so soft and slouchy. She said they completely re-did the bag (w/ a different caviar leather) to make sure they didnt get wings.

3. For you dilemma about the C's. If you absolutely LOVE the thicker C's then get a vintage one .. although that may be tough but if it doesn't bother you too too much get a new bag. I don't know if this is true but I personally think it will be easier to find a new bag than a vintage bag in nice condition in the style that you want.

Let me just tell you all of the informtion I gave in 1. and 2. was all told to me by phone, so I'm not positive although I'm sure my SA wouldn't lie but I'm just telling you that if you go the store and all of my info is wrong I got it all through phone .. but I'm pretty sure my SA knew what she was talking about :biggrin:

Hope this helped ! Good luck with your bag situation !!

I love the Large CC's on the older version! I actually don't think that it would be that hard to find a Vintage bag in good condition! There are quite a few of them listed online, especially every since Chanel re-released the maxi! Plus I think that VB also help bring back the popularity of the vintage! She has been spotted everywhere with hers and she looks fab with it!

Thanks! I still think I'm a bit unsure about the new maxi, though, I saw that picture of a red one that looked "like it had been sat" on...

I might just try to source a vintage one! There's a catch though, it got to be less than 1900 USD including 15% U.K import tax, since I'm able to get a discount if buying a new and don't want to spend more than that... But all the vintage ones seems to be more than that? Sigh.

If you're able to get a discount, then I'd go for the jumbo (unless you need the extra room, get the maxi). I wouldn't pass up the chance to buy a Chanel for less. When does that happen? How is it that you're such a lucky girl to be getting this? But if you have your mind set on a vintage, a mint XL jumbo costs around $1800-$2100. You just have to be patient until the perfect one comes along.

I'm able to get it for less because I know a Chanel SA and she can get it for me using her discount. :smile:

Ah, so they are quite expensive then... Taxes would add up quite a bit to that, they're 15% where I live. I don't think the big Cs and the straight flap on the vintage ones makes up for that price. It also seems very hard to find vintage jumbos in Caviar leather, all I've seen have been in lambskin.