Sold new pants, received back worn pants

hmmmmm, sooner or later the buyer will file dispute, especially she have the proof she "returned" YOUR pants to you. OP, do you stated in your listing you accept return?

hmmmmm, sooner or later the buyer will file dispute, especially she have the proof she "returned" YOUR pants to you. OP, do you stated in your listing you accept return?

I do not accept returns normally. When / if she files a dispute then I think I'll fight it, although I don't think I'll win given she returned <some> pants to me.

p-WA

As stated earlier in another related topic I have been selling on ebay for 10 years and have seen it all!! What is the chance you will take this loss even after filing a claim 99%. I've had a box of rocks sent back to me with the exact same weight as the package i sent them!! these scammers are serious. When I made a big deal about it pp told me to report to local police. Whatever not worth my time. sorry to hear you got screwed.

another horror story from ebay..........ebay is scary now no protection at all for sellers....ripe for the picking - for scammers :sad:(

As stated earlier in another related topic I have been selling on ebay for 10 years and have seen it all!! What is the chance you will take this loss even after filing a claim 99%. I've had a box of rocks sent back to me with the exact same weight as the package i sent them!! these scammers are serious. When I made a big deal about it pp told me to report to local police. Whatever not worth my time. sorry to hear you got screwed.

is there any way to protect yourself against this? If not isn't this going to become more common as more scammers catch wind of it?? VERY scary!

Did you send the msg about the hidden seller mark? If not, what did you send if you dont mind telling. I'm just curious because if you sent the one with the hidden seller mark, she might be freaking out. If she doesn't respond in a week I'd mail her the pants she mailed you right on back.

Did you send the msg about the hidden seller mark? If not, what did you send if you dont mind telling. I'm just curious because if you sent the one with the hidden seller mark, she might be freaking out. If she doesn't respond in a week I'd mail her the pants she mailed you right on back.

I have sent her a message that the pants are clearly not mine and there must be some mistake and where are my pants. This is my weirdest transaction on eBay.

p-WA

O:huh: well I'm glad you didn't just lay down and take it :smile: I was worried you werent going to fight her about it because it wasnt a very large transaction. But hopefully you nipped it in the butt.

Nope. No claim, no nothing. Very weird. I think the buyer may have gone on a vacation.

Oh well. I still have the money and a pair of someone's else's pants.

p-WA

eeww....Just thinking about that statement "I have SOMEONE ELSE'S PANTS". Lord knows where in the heck they truly came from or who was wearing them. I hope you don't hear back from them and this whole thing just dies out so you can burn those pants.