Softening a bag.........

rorosity

O.G.
Jun 7, 2006
I recently purchased a matte black quilted Ursula (large) from E-bay. It was a great price (under $300) and looks to be in great condition, except...........
it seems to be kind of stiff. The problem is that I don't remember ever seeing this bag up close before and I don't know if this leather is supposed to be super soft or not. Some of my MJ's are really, really soft and some are a lot less supple, so I know that there are different variations. The only thing I am thinking is that this bag may have gotten very wet and then got kind of dried stiff. The canvas lining is discolored a bit and I am now thinking it may have gotten water-damaged. It still looks nice and I am sure I can work with it, but does anyone know if this bag is supposed to have really soft leather or is it more "rough." It is hard to explain. It still has slouch to it. Maybe it is just my imagination.

Also, other than the typical Cadillac/Apple leather conditioner, is there any product that you know of that will dramatically soften leather?

hmmm roro, that's a good question. i've had stellas that are more stiff than others but that's mostly due to the other ones being super worn-in ;)
i hope someone has suggestions for you. :heart: