Sofia Coppola (SC) Club

Does anyone know when the SC PM in Galet discontinued? I was informed that it is. I had the bag I purchased on March replaced yesterday- and I have never used it but noticed some stitches were unraveling. Mine was made in France in 2014 but the replacement I got today has the code MO1136. I got it from the boutique so I'm not worried about the authenticity- just wanna know when was the last known production. Btw, my local boutique has excellent customer service- I was nearly in tears because I know it's been a few mos since I purchased this but they submitted the pictures to corporate and answer we got was my replacement is being sent overnight.

Does anyone know when the SC PM in Galet discontinued? I was informed that it is. I had the bag I purchased on March replaced yesterday- and I have never used it but noticed some stitches were unraveling. Mine was made in France in 2014 but the replacement I got today has the code MO1136. I got it from the boutique so I'm not worried about the authenticity- just wanna know when was the last known production. Btw, my local boutique has excellent customer service- I was nearly in tears because I know it's been a few mos since I purchased this but they submitted the pictures to corporate and answer we got was my replacement is being sent overnight.
For the limited capsule collection this year, they brought back the SC in several colors including galet, cherry, and jasper. So seeing a 2016 production date shouldn't worry you at all. Here's an article from the LV magazine: http://us.louisvuitton.com/eng-us/lv-the-book/book-4#/collection4/38

Reactions: SweetDaisy05
My "new from boutique" SC PM Jasper, "new to me" preloved SC PM Blue Ocean, and group shot!View attachment 3472443 View attachment 3472444 View attachment 3472446
I love, love love them! Congrats on your new lovely collection.

I also want to post a good pillow stuffer for our Speedy shaped bags. The link for the pillow stuffer is below. It is made very well, and the seller is a good seller.
https://www.etsy.com/listing/270568...2681e7815c77&gclid=CKfe2rSxrs8CFYKVfgodFnIJ3A

(posted in main LV thread as well)
Hello everyone,
I've been a long time LV lover from monograms earlier in my "collecting" years and now moved into the leather lines. I have two SC PMs (in galet and noir) and love them both. However, on the galet, I noticed that the piping/glaze is "melting" and is rubbing off if I press hard with my fingers (the piping is very soft not like the noir). I haven't had issues with LV customer service in the past but when I inquired about this today with my SA, she was very aloof and short in her responses and said that they will charge me for the repair. I'm scratching my head with her response. In my opinion, the piping issue is more of a quality issue and not due to usage of the bag (not all of the "melting" is in areas that are prone to wear/tear). The repair price she quoted is quite a lot in my opinion ... around $300.
Has LV's customer service gone down recently from those who have had more recent experience with quality or is it just the store/SA that I'm working with? Just these two bags alone cost close to $9k and I would think for that price, the quality should be pristine and if there is an issue, it should be remedied without additional cost to the customer.
Would love to hear your recent experience.
Thanks.

Outside of about a year after purchase, any issues are repaired with a charge. This includes glazing, which does degrade occasionally. Sorry, just how it is with even expensive bags, including those from other brands.

Reactions: baglvr2012
Hello everyone,
I've been a long time LV lover from monograms earlier in my "collecting" years and now moved into the leather lines. I have two SC PMs (in galet and noir) and love them both. However, on the galet, I noticed that the piping/glaze is "melting" and is rubbing off if I press hard with my fingers (the piping is very soft not like the noir). I haven't had issues with LV customer service in the past but when I inquired about this today with my SA, she was very aloof and short in her responses and said that they will charge me for the repair. I'm scratching my head with her response. In my opinion, the piping issue is more of a quality issue and not due to usage of the bag (not all of the "melting" is in areas that are prone to wear/tear). The repair price she quoted is quite a lot in my opinion ... around $300.
Has LV's customer service gone down recently from those who have had more recent experience with quality or is it just the store/SA that I'm working with? Just these two bags alone cost close to $9k and I would think for that price, the quality should be pristine and if there is an issue, it should be remedied without additional cost to the customer.
Thanks.

That's terrible. How long ago did you purchase the bags? Would you mind terribly posting a photo? I'm worried now. Someone on this thread just had her whole bag replaced for this reason but her bag was just purchased. I would try a different SA or the national number. This just doesn't sound right. Please let us know how it turns out. Good luck.

Hello everyone,
Thanks.
You purchased two SC bags. You are having an issue with one. I would take your issue to the store manager, in person. Call ahead so that you know when he/she will be in that day. I am thinking that they will accommodate you. If they absolutely will not, ask if they will agree to meet you halfway with the cost. Good Luck!

Hello everyone,
Thanks.

Sorry you're having this issue. My cherry sc was almost 4 years old and I noticed cracking on the strap which they replaced free. Upon closer inspection there was cracking on the handles and the trim along the zipper, the rest of the bag pristine. My SA had all replaced for free, thankfully, but the total cost if I had been charged would have been 1800$, I think you should talk to the manager.

Has anyone had any wrinkling or buckling toward the top by the zipper when carrying by the shoulder strap? Maybe I am carrying too much stuff. I had a small umbrella in here. It's a shame because there is so much room. I am considering getting a base shaper for support as I don't want to risk damaging/warping the bag.IMG_1475631509.013296.jpg
IMG_1475631518.236354.jpg