SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE, Season 7 Starts May 27th

The next "All-Star" dancer is... Comfort! Nigel says, "She's a bucc hop hop dancer." Later correcting himself, "I make my own genres up. That should have been hip hop. Sorry."

I find this one a little surprising! I thought she was good, but I think there are several Hip Hop dancers who were better than she was!

ETA: Guess I'm not alone -- FB is full of comments suggesting that this was a bad choice. There doesn't seem to be a lot of Comfort fans out there (I hope that doesn't end up hurting the current season contestant who gets partnered with her!)

Last edited:
Comfort is an interesting choice. I guess they need a female hip hop dancer? But hip-hop dances may have 2 guys. Not so for ballroom. They need to get female ballroom dancers in there. I hope it's Anya and Heidi.

Hmm interesting choice on Comfort. I missed some of the seasons - can anyone enlighten me on what other hip hop females there were? I'm curious to know who else was in that potential pool.

And Nigel trying to use the word "buck" AND spelling it wrong! Oh Nigel... :lol:

I didn't think Comfort was that great either. I can't really remember her hip hop dances that much..but I remembered making a comment about how she could do hip hop choreography but she couldn't do freestyle...or maybe she could do freestyle but she couldn't do the hip hop choreography. either way, I just remembered being not too impressed.

she's actually the one who was able to come back after being eliminated because one of the other girls got hurt & had to drop out of the competition (I can't remember who that was tho)

I think it was her freestyle dances that were a hit with the judges, but they were always so frustrated with her pairs dancing

Sorry guys -- the announcement was late today and I had already left for work. Here's the newest All Star announcement:

Great news. Lauren: #@LaurenGottlieb is a #SYTYCD All-Star. This will make a lot of people very happy, including me.

I had to look this one up, because I couldn't remember the Season or genre of dance
(and no wonder, I didn't watch that season!!)
She's a contemporary dancer from Season 3

As long as Mark Kanemura comes back as an all star I'm all for it. lol. (Although I doubt it. He's heavily tied to Lady Gaga at the moment and is probably too busy)

Otherwise, why are they trying to reinvent the wheel? Is it because the Fall version was such a bust?
you got your wish!!!

SYTYCD Exec Producer/Judge Nigel Lythgoe announces the next Season 7 "All-Star" Dancer: "I want to thank one of my favorite #SYTYCD performers Lady Gaga for giving us back one of our best dancers for our AllStars. #Mark Kanamoura" (via twitter: @dizzyfeet)

http://www.sytycdism.com/2010/04/10/sytycd7-the-comeback-kids-part-ii-billy-bell/

SYTYCD7: The Comeback Kids (Part II) – Billy Bell

Unfortunately due to an illness before season six really started, Billy Bell was forced to withdraw from the competition, not knowing whether or not he would be able to return to the competition at a later point. Though his feat on the show was limited to a few clips during Vegas and a performance during the Top 20 Intro episode, Bell nonetheless made an impression on America, still lingering in our thoughts about the continuation of his journey on So You Think You Can Dance.

What may be most interesting yet ironic in Bell’s case is that his placement on the sixth season may perhaps been to coincide and compete with fellow contestant Jakob Karr, both being similar dancers with similar physiques. Many may argue that Bell’s absence from the sixth season really opened the roadway for Karr’s success on his season, but although Karr was the clear leader in his field, the season was no doubt catered to its krumping winner Russell Ferguson. By this fact one may assume that season seven’s crowned winner will be someone of the technical sort. In this perspective it seems that things have been set up for Billy Bell this season, but will he rise up to the challenge?

Since his departure off season six, Billy Bell has been working with DeMa Dance Company as a principal dancer in Brooklyn, N.Y. DeMa Dance Company fuses the styles of ballet, jazz, and modern in order to address universal themes of humanity. Also honing his skills in choreography, Bell has also been setting pieces at his former high school, Dreyfoos School of the Arts.

Most importantly, Bell has recently kept himself busy with the Lunge Dance Collective.

Lunge is a new dance ensemble created and founded by Bell. Using his connections with some of the world’s best dancers and award winning choreographers, Bell plans on creating not only a dance performance but a dance experience. His goal is to produce a performance that is part traditional proscenium theater and part dance installation. This project is all independently funded, so he is still asking for donations to reach a goal of $5000. To donate please visit this website.

On top of his new dance project, Billy Bell has also kept himself busy with the acclaimed dance convention JUMP by Break The Floor Productions. With JUMP, Bell travels almost every weekend to cities across the nation, assisting some of the best choreographers in the dance industry. Other past contestants touring with this JUMP this season include season five top finalists Jeanine Mason and Brandon Bryant, along with faculty member Nick Lazzarini, season one champion.

When asked what he would do differently this season, Bell jokingly states, “[I will] not get sick! But seriously, I just go into this whole thing having a good time and hoping for the best. Whatever is meant to happen will happen, so I don’t think I’ll change my approach towards the show. Once you start taking things too seriously you forget that you’re doing what you love.” This quote however was taken before the new formats of the new season were announced by exceutive producer Nigel Lythgoe. One can only wonder if the ten elusive spots will have any effect on a dancer’s strategy throughout Vegas week.

The infamous Vegas week starts in a few days, once again bringing in the best of dancers who came out to audition during the nationwide tour. Momentarily after the Top 20 week of season six, Bell was granted a pass to start from the beginning of Vegas week this season by FOX. Brandon Dumlao, Bell’s replacement, was also granted permission to reaudition from the beginning for this upcoming season.

“I hope this season is as amazing as the last one,” Bell states. “Maybe without the bloody noses. (laughs) I hope that I meet as many awesome people as I met in season six. I’m just really excited to get started and go through the whole amazing process again!”

It’s no question whether or not Billy is in shape for his return to the competition. He’s been more active than ever in the dance world and one can only hope he will continue making his mark on season seven.

No announcement yesterday --

The latest "All-Star" dancer has been announced: "It seems I forgot to Tweet an all-Star name yesterday? Sorry! One of our best Latin Ballroom partners ever on #SYTYCD ANYA is returning." - SYTYCD Exec Producer/Judge Nigel Lythgoe via twitter (@dizzyfeet) Check out more info: http://******/cT6NVF

I missed this one yesterday (don't see one for today yet) --

One of the great personalities of #SYTYCD & a truly great Hip Hop dancer. Thanks QUEST for lending him to us. Dominic is back as an All-Star

Here's the updated list of All Stars so far:

1. Twitch (Season 4) - Popping, Locking, Krump, etc.
2. Kathryn (Season 6) - Jazz, Contemporary, Broadway
3. Pasha (Season 3) - Standard & Latin Ballroom
4. Allison (Season 2) - Jazz, Contemporary, Broadway & Cultural
5. Ade (Season 5) - Contemporary & Classical
6. Comfort (Season 4) - Hip Hop
7. Lauren (Season 3) - Contemporary
8. Mark (Season 4) - Contemporary
9. Anya (Season 3) - Latin Ballroom
10. Dominic (Season 3) - Hip Hop

I don't know how many they're naming. I don't think they've told us a number yet. All that he's said so far is that the All Stars won't choreograph, partners will be of the opposite sex and that they would change weekly.

I only remember Pasha, Anya and Twitch, though I think I remember Mark, too, kuz of the emmy-winning routine he did with the blond girl (chelsea?) and the suitcase.

Here's the updated list of All Stars so far:

1. Twitch (Season 4) - Popping, Locking, Krump, etc.
2. Kathryn (Season 6) - Jazz, Contemporary, Broadway
3. Pasha (Season 3) - Standard & Latin Ballroom
4. Allison (Season 2) - Jazz, Contemporary, Broadway & Cultural
5. Ade (Season 5) - Contemporary & Classical
6. Comfort (Season 4) - Hip Hop
7. Lauren (Season 3) - Contemporary
8. Mark (Season 4) - Contemporary
9. Anya (Season 3) - Latin Ballroom
10. Dominic (Season 3) - Hip Hop

I don't know how many they're naming. I don't think they've told us a number yet. All that he's said so far is that the All Stars won't choreograph, partners will be of the opposite sex and that they would change weekly.

If they're still doing the top 20, then there's 10 more dancers to be named.

And even if Lacey isn't one of the pros, she could end up choreographing things.