So, uh. This happened, new bgd studs

Aww thanks!!! I never wear my own, ironically, so I hope these get enough love!

DH just said he thinks they're "way too small" for his liking. Well, I like em, and I wanted small, dammit. They're actually a hair bigger in diameter than my Kwiats with the bezel and I was really hemming and hawwing on that. I am glad I went with the size I did.

Very pretty! I hope you WEAR them and enjoy them!

I am wondering if they would re-set my studs in the same setting, but I don't need platinum. I have a pair of 1.50 ctw studs in prong settings. Should I contact them? Love my diamonds but not the settings.

Last edited:
Good grief, they are perfect! Hope you don't let DH's remark about size get into your head. If what you wanted was the best cut, color, clarity and wearability - you got it! Again, congrats!

Very pretty! I hope you WEAR them and enjoy them!

I am wondering if they would re-set my studs in the same setting, but I don't need platinum. I have a pair of 1.50 ctw studs in prong settings. Should I contact them? Love my diamonds but not the settings.
I can't see why not. They sell the handmade bezel settings separately from the diamonds. Definitely contact them!

Good grief, they are perfect! Hope you don't let DH's remark about size get into your head. If what you wanted was the best cut, color, clarity and wearability - you got it! Again, congrats!

Oh Im absolutely not concerned with his thoughts. I wanted TINY. I didn't want anything big.

Actually I didn't specify color or clarity! I know their melee is excellent, and was sure they'd be eye clean, so I wasn't super concerned.

Gosh, your earrings are gorgeous. Are they ready made? Did you have to place a special order? I am trying to do the earring builder thing on the website, but it seems to start with 0.5 total carat weight.
I am so interested in getting a pair for myself. Thanks in advance for answering my questions.

Thanks! They are fabulously sparkly!

Gosh, your earrings are gorgeous. Are they ready made? Did you have to place a special order? I am trying to do the earring builder thing on the website, but it seems to start with 0.5 total carat weight.
I am so interested in getting a pair for myself. Thanks in advance for answering my questions.

They were custom. I can't wear gold, so they weren't exactly the ready-mades. They started as such, and I went with platinum because of allergies. And slightly larger diamonds.

Here's the closest thing on their site right now, in white gold:

http://www.briangavindiamonds.com/diamond-earrings/studs/pre-set-bezel-studs-18k-white-gold-5659w18