So my aunt and uncle had a garage sale this weekend

LOL shoo...I have (no exageration) about 8 feet of vinyl that I have been toying with getting rid of for over 15 years...they remain boxed up and untouched from our move into this house. Ironically, we also now have over 300 CDs that I have been thinking of getting rid of, we never use them...they have all long since been converted to our Ipods, and I have them backed up on a spare HD.

I don't know why it is so hard to part with them.

I would hang onto them if I were you. At least al the ones you really really like. Vinyl has such a warm sound with low ends that CDs cannot duplicate. CDs catch all the high end and are much brighter. Just doesn't work with the older recordings. New music is'nt an issue because most of it is recorded digitally now anyway as opposed to analog in the old days. I prefer my vinyl to analog any day and burn alot of my albums now. Nothing like that warm scratchy sound the needle makes when you first place it on a record..:love:

I still have my original Thriller album, and a couple of Lionel Richie. I also have a ton of Dan Fogelberg & Alan Parsons vinyl that I can't bear to part with. I love the cover of "The Innocent Age", so simple, yet it speaks volumes. :yes:

I used to have that record as a kid!!! I won a coloring contest and got a 60 second shopping spree in a record store. I think I ended up with 6 or 7 records....Madonna and Michael were the ones I remember!

Wow, great find!
My mom has tons of old albums from when she was younger; she recently framed a bunch of them (Beatles, including "Meet the Beatles", the Doors, etc.) and they're in the wall in our guest room!