So embarrassed!!

So I am looking to buy the Empreinte Speedy 25 in Infini in the near future. I went to try them on at my local LV in Saks and they had 2 in stock. They looked good, but not great. So I called what I thought was the store to ask if they could locate any other bags for me to look at and make my final decision. It turns out it is a call center that takes the calls instead of going straight to the store. I asked if there was any they would be getting any new Empreinte in infini in the near future. He asked why and I explained that the 2 they had in store weren't exactly what I was looking for and I could see some of what I thought was glue on the top of one of the bags. He explained that they would only get another bag if one sold. He asked for my name and said he would contact me if they sold one and would be receiving another in infini.

Sooooo fast forward a few days and I receive a voice message from my local LV saks store asking why I wasn't satisfied with the 2 bags they have in store! I AM MORTIFIED!! :shocked: I called them back after a few minutes and explained that it wasn't that I was dissatisfied with their customer service or their bags but rather I was hoping to have more options to make sure I got the perfect bag. I explained that I saw what I thought was a little glue on top of the bag. I don't want to settle on a $3,000 handbag!! I could tell she was a little annoyed and I felt so embarrassed!!!

She ended up ordering one for me to look at in the Celeste color from another store. Has this ever happened to anyone else???!!! I am so embarrassed to go into the store in a few weeks. I don't want to seem high maintenance and now I regret making the phone call. UGH! :nogood:
I've dealt with a similar issue @ Saks with a Vernis piece that had nail polish stains on it. I couldn't see them at the store because of there lighting but noticed as soon I inspected at home. I immediately took to bag back but I had to hold on to it because they claimed they would only get another after it sold. The next one wasn't great either, so I finally gave up on my first and only Vernis. :shucks:

I expect pretty close to perfect, especially on the leather lines. It's nothing to be ashamed of or questioned by an SA.

$3000 dollars is $3000 dollars! Don't ever second guess your right to have other options or to think things over. You're the customer and LV is in business because of you.😏
Unsatisfied customers=No profit!

Do not be embarrassed at all! We pay a pretty penny for these bags and I agree that there needs to that level of satisfaction there. Nothing is perfect but it needs to at least meet my stamp of approval. No worries you look until you are satisfied.

Be Blessed MoNikki

what?!!! I cannot believe that they called you! You have nothing to be embarrassed about.... The sa that called should be embarrassed! They get so used to handling bags that they forget that these purchases mean something to most of us, whether it's a gift, a reward for an accomplishment, etc. We all get to spend our money the way we want to, there is nothing wrong with wanting to be satisfied.
+1

I found out they have call centers when I called two different store locations trying to locate a bag and got the same person twice. You were just looking for a perfect bag (as you should). You have nothing to be embarrassed about. Definitely go back if you don't find it at the other store and walk right out with your head held high if it has issues. When spending that kind of money, you can't worry about the opinions of people who aren't paying for it. Fingers crossed that you find a good one!

I can't believe they called you to be defensive on why you didn't like the 2 options they had to offer. Don't be embarrassed though. I just bought mine two months ago. I thought I looked her over really good, but when I got home I noticed the piping on one of the ends was caved in and it was staying like that. So after looking at this 3K bag for a few days I called the SA to let her know I was coming back to exchange or return, but I wasn't going to keep this one. Fortunately they had gotten more and one of them was perfect. Don't settle or feel like you should have to explain why you're not settling. She may have been calling to try and see what you didn't like and wanted to help, but lacks good verbal phone skills. I work with someone who hates having to make phone calls because she lacks this skill. I hope you find your perfect one!

Kind of confused, everyone keeps calling them Saks employees but I thought all LV boutiques in Saks were leased departments . So these "Saks" employees are really LV employees . And I don't think you should feel embarrassed, you should get the bag you think has no imperfections .

It was a little rude of them to call and question you about it. Dont worry about it at all...for that money (heck, even one 5th that much) the bag should be exactly how you want it! :smile:

If you are dropping $3k on a bag, you have to be completely happy with it! Don't settle! I feel like most SA's just want commission :/
I'm sure when SA's buy designer items they are very careful and thoroughly check the item before purchasing!

LV has called me after I filled out their survey negatively (5 weeks to return a repair that they weren't even going to do!). I was embarrassed a bit and caught off guard but the woman who called seemed to be sorry and disappointed by my review (even though they did nothing about it). So I can see where you're coming from, but you want the perfect bag so whatever! I hope you get it :biggrin: