So Annoyed.. Buyer Cancels

Ms. P

Jul 26, 2006
I am so annoyed. I had a nice handbag up for auction last week, many lookers and a few bidders. It sold at a very fair price ($300.00). A new Buyer to eBay won it, right off she sends me a message that sounded wierd to me. Asking me how long she has to purchase the bag. I'm thinking purchase you already bought it. Then after 4 days of hearing nothing I email her a "friendly reminder" and she messages me with a "I'm not taking the bag". Thats it, no I'm sorry, no reason, just like it's no big deal. I just went through the 2nd chance buyer thing, but right now there are more of the same item up at a cheaper price, so I'm not holding much hope, I will now have to relist it and go through the whole thing again. What would you message back this person?

I wouldn't really say anything at all. =/

but if you want to file a non-paying bidder complaint, maybe send her a message warning her of this. "okay, your loss. but I'll warn you that by not paying for the bag will result in a non-paying-bidder strike from ebay."

First, before you do anything else, get her on your blocked bidder list.

Then e-mail and tell her that her bid was a binding contract and with her being new on ebay, she probably doesn't realize that in keeping with ebay's regulations (the reg whereby you get your fees back :smile: ) you will have to report her to ebay as a non-paying bidder unless she pays within the next (24,48,72) hours.

Keep her e-mail saying she doesn't want the bag -- ebay may want proof that she's told you this. In my NPB case, when I sent them the email from the SWINE WHO WOULDN'T PAY :smile: the NPB was closed in my favor and I got my fees back immediately.

I have never needed to send and email proving the buyers refusal to pay, it's always been up to the buyer to provide solid proof they paid then up to the seller to close the dispute stating the transaction has been completed. Perhaps this has changed?

I have never needed to send and email proving the buyers refusal to pay, it's always been up to the buyer to provide solid proof they paid then up to the seller to close the dispute stating the transaction has been completed. Perhaps this has changed?

In the case I'm referencing, as soon as I could, I filed an NPB on my non-buyer, and because I could provide the e-mail wherein she said "I'm sorry, I've run into a financial difficulty, I won't be buying this item, I hope you understand", I got my fees back immediately, instead of whatever length of time they normally make you wait. This NPB was closed within 12 hours of me filing it.

Then when she sent me a vile threatening e-mail for having the nerve to report her NPB, I sent it to ebay, too. She was gonna track me down and make sure I got what I deserved :biggrin: Gee, paying me would have been what I deserved, I thought :graucho:

Thank you all so much, I feel a little better just venting. Because of the feedback system, I can't even really message her my real question which is "Why do you bid on something you can't obviously afford". Not only did she bid, but she bid in the last 30 seconds of the auction. For someone who has never placed an order with eBay before she sure got it down on how to. My bad luck. It was a fairly active auction.

Thank you all so much, I feel a little better just venting. Because of the feedback system, I can't even really message her my real question which is "Why do you bid on something you can't obviously afford". Not only did she bid, but she bid in the last 30 seconds of the auction. For someone who has never placed an order with eBay before she sure got it down on how to. My bad luck. It was a fairly active auction.

Was she/is she bidding on other stuff, too? Maybe she got one cheaper. I'd check. I wonder if she was suspended under another ID, and now has THIS one to scr*w with sellers.

Also, if it were my auction, I'd contact ebay and ask them to check to make sure she isn't a suspended ebayer who has registered a new ID, or who is using an old ID (both are against the rules). You will never find out if that's what is going on, but you might get lucky and get her suspended. It won't get you your $300, but there might be a teeny bit of satisfaction :graucho:

you can message her that question. if she did not/does not pay, she can't leave you feedback, ebay would remove it if she does. NPB can't leave neg feedback. or any feedback for that matter.

if you feel the need to ask her, you can.
i'd personally not even reply. and after 7 days file NPB and let her get the strike. you then will get your fees back as well, so then you can relist. make sure you add this buyer to your blocked bidder list, so she can't bid on your stuff again.

good luck!

I'm not sure how to see if she was registered under another name. I just noticed she bought and paid for her first item 2 days ago. No problem there $6.00 item. Her ebay name is nbhambri ( 1 ) . If anyone knows how to research this please let me know how? Thank you all so much

Go to advanced search next to search on the ebay main page. In the left hand column under Items sub heading Find Items "click" by bidder. When the next screen comes up, enter the bidders ID and check the box completed listings (last thirty days) and the box As high bidder only. Then click search.

It shows that she won two Coach Parkers one was $36.00 more than the other.