Smelly clutch wallet ? =s

lol that was what i was thinking too. i heard tomato juice is supposed to be really good at getting rid of skunk smells but i guess you cant really use that on bags. :Push:

LOL...maybe if I put a tomato in each bag it'll work...but then I'll have to remember to take them out before they rot..and a whole 'nother layer will be added to the already pungent purses. Or maybe I should just put a can of tomato juice in there and hope the power of suggestion works.

Maybe I just have the kind of "nose" that perfume makers have..very acutely sensitive to nuances of smells. But since some of you also experience this at least I know I'm not imagining it.

Dang it amigas,:wtf: I just opened up every one of the pillowcases...took out each bag and some still really stink and others I have to hold up to my nose but so do they..not as overpowering but still there..:cursing:

So it looks like if I can't fix it..after airing outside too..by the summertime I may have to donate the worst of them to my temple's thrift shop if they will take them..and suck up the loss. I will send HH a copy of the receipt just to let them know what I was forced to do.

BTW, I emailed lovingmybags and I hope Barbara can help me come up with a cream that might work. I just wish HH would have listened to me..sigh.

I believe you, gingeybear!

Oh no, I thought my patent bags were stink-free but I just checked my Jinhee and it also is a bit skunky. I brought it to a client meeting when I had a cold, so I probably couldn't smell it as well but I bet they did.
Hopefully it was just transfer from the clutch wallet, which is definitely very stinky.

I love HH and I also used to load trailers for UPS-if a skunk sprayed near the outer bay door-the shipping trailer would smell like that and I know HH has a warehouse. I would bet all my fancy pants handbags that this is what happened and someone knows it whether it is the shipping dept or not, I can't say. Maria ;)(newbie)

OMG I thought I was the only person this happened to, or I had some seriously oversensitive nose. This has happened to me twice, once on a Havana and once on a wallet...I hung them outside as often as possible...it did eventually go away, but it took forever.

Hi all,

FYI, my husband is a chauffeur and has to deal with crazy rich people that smoke stogies and spill whiskey on the Mercedes leather...not to mention rich people's kids with the stomach flu...OY.

That said, he uses Ozium and it works like a charm.

Hope this helps.

Shelley

My Cannes Zipper Tote is skunky, but just the leather part. I've tried baking soda, dryer sheets, and leaving it out in the fresh air and sun which has only helped minimally. I'd really love to know what the origin of this odor is and if it will ever go away. I love the bag, but don't really use it because I worry that the odor will transfer to what I put in the bag. :sad:

That said, he uses Ozium and it works like a charm.

Just chiming in to second this.

I have a non-HH bag with mildew musty smell and nothing worked -- not baking soda, antibacterial leather cleanser, nor conditioner. It drove me nuts worrying about smelling bad in public. I got Ozium spray from the auto place and is an air sanitizer, does not deodorize or mask the bad smell. Worked within the hour.

My GZ Lorca has been airing out for months and still has a slight stink. My VCP clutch wallet smells minimally. I'm glad to hear I'm not crazy and the only one that has had this issue...

Will try Ozium ASAP.

I bought an ICP clutch wallet off eBay a few weeks ago, and though it's perfectly gorgeous, I did detect a strange whiff of something when I was loading it up with my cards. I don't think the smell would be noticed by others, and last time I opened it I couldn't smell a thing.