Small, yet beautiful, Coach collection

reginablair

Nov 15, 2012
Hi guys! I don’t usually post in this forum, though I do read it from time to time. I’m here to share my mom’s Coach collection. My mom has always been sort of anti-desginer bags. She has never understood spending good money on a luxurious handbag item. However, her best friend began working as an SA at Coach a few years ago. Ever since then, her Coach collection has begun expanding. She now only exclusively wears her Coach purses. Just this week she switched out her bag three different times for three different outfits. How uncharacteristic of my mom, but it looks like she’s been bitten by the bug.

Anyway, I wanted to share her beautiful purses with you because I personally think she has a beautiful and pretty well-rounded collection for someone who has really just begun enjoying handbags.

Please let me know if you have any suggestions for new bags my mom should take a look at based on what you can see is her style!

P.S. Please excuse me, as I don’t know the names to any of these bags. Please feel free to leave me a comment and let me know. I’m sure my mom would like to know, as well!​

Last edited:
First up is my mom’s signature pattern shoulder bag. She used to wear this bag every day, and I really love it as a neutral for any outfit. It’s also a great one for any event or activity that may be outdoors or where you don’t want to carry a full leather bag. I’m so impressed with all the Coach bags my mom has, and the sturdy hardware and detailing. As I’m looking at this picture, I realize that I very much like the pleating as well!
IMG_3822.jpg

Fitting in with the bag above is this beautiful persimmon color purse. As I said above, I don’t know the names to any of these bags. However, I do know that the color of this bag is persimmon. My mom has made that very clear, as I think she was very specific in picking out this beautiful pop of color. Along with that, you can see my mom has a matching wallet. She has worn this wallet to death, but just recently switched to more of a wristlet-type wallet (pictures to follow). You can definitely see that the leather is well-loved on these two pieces!

I almost forgot, I also have a Coach pencil holder in this color. My mom bought my sister one in yellow, and one for me, around December 2012. I will include a picture of mine here!

IMG_3827.jpgIMG_3830.000.jpgIMG_6323.jpg

After really wearing that bag around for quite some time, my mom picked up this little cutie! She wore this bag for ages without switching! She absolutely loved the gold color, and would never wear it any other way besides on the shoulder. She has really molded the leather, and in these pictures of it empty you can really see that the bag has just become a puddle!

One time, we were in a government office filing some paperwork for our employers. Just one of those drab offices where you wait in line for hours. A woman walked in who had this exact purse in a different color. My mother didn’t even recognize it and tried to convince me that they were carrying different purses! LOL

IMG_3828.001.jpgIMG_3829.jpg

These next two bags are the last and final bags in my mom’s collection for now. These were both purchased at the same time, but they were gifts, so she actually received them some time apart from each other. The black is the one she currently uses the most (though like I said she changed herself out three times this week!), and I was so impressed with it when I saw it. I felt it was quite a departure from the styles she had been wearing, and was a more youthful and fashion-forward look for her. I would say these two bags are what changed her collection the most, and are the turning point for her future purchases. Also pictured is the wristlet-style wallet that my mom has started using instead of the persimmon wallet. My mom used to be the type of person who carried the kitchen sink, bathroom sink, and laundry sink in her wallet, but I think she is really enjoying the downsizing! I have included plenty of shots of this bag, especially because I think the detailing is beautiful, as well as the entire layout of the bag with the two snap closure opening and the zipper compartment in the middle. The leather is really softening up nicely!
IMG_3814.jpgIMG_3815.jpgIMG_3816.jpgIMG_3817.jpgIMG_3818.jpgIMG_3819.jpgIMG_3820.jpg

This is the last and final bag of my mom’s collection. I absolutely love it, as it is such a statement piece! It is so different than anything my mom has, yet totally her style in so many ways. She loves animal print. The other day she wore this bag with a tasteful cream sweater and black skirt, and it was such a knockout!
IMG_3823.jpgIMG_3824.jpgIMG_3826.000.jpg

I believe the first is a Mia Maggie (someone correct me if I'm wrong), and the Persimmon bag is a Madison Maggie, with the Madison wallet and a Legacy pencil case, in Carnelian I believe? Third is a Legacy Duffle in Champagne, fourth is a Madison Phoebe, then a Legacy Rory in Carnelian/Ocelot.

All awesome bags...she won't have trouble finding new stuff she likes with sassy taste like that!!

I believe the first is a Mia Maggie (someone correct me if I'm wrong), and the Persimmon bag is a Madison Maggie, with the Madison wallet and a Legacy pencil case, in Carnelian I believe? Third is a Legacy Duffle in Champagne, fourth is a Madison Phoebe, then a Legacy Rory in Carnelian/Ocelot.

All awesome bags...she won't have trouble finding new stuff she likes with sassy taste like that!!

I think you're right on all the names.

OP - Your mom definitely has a beautiful collection of some fabulous, classy, and interesting bags. Thanks for sharing it with us!