Small things that made you happy today :)

nextnewface

Mar 1, 2006
I don't think this thread exists and it just occurred to me that one should be created when my crappy day suddenly turned into a good one :amuse: I just saw that this guy, who I find insanely cute, has come back to work (he was on like extended vacation or something) :biggrin: Eye candy hehehe :roflmfao: Also, Love it all's giveaway thread really made me smile, I love it when people are generous and make other people's day :biggrin: And just finding out about hellooholly's pregnancy!! This forum is just filled with tales of joy :biggrin:

So please, everyone, feel free to post little snippets of joy, random acts of kindness, or whatever good thing has happened to you today! I love to hear stories of happiness :flowers:

LOL finding out my boss is *not* going to be in the office on Friday. That made my day!!! Getting pictures emailed to me from the party I was at this weekend, finding out one of my favorite authors has a new book out.

This is my last week at my current job starting a new one next week. My bf :love: emailed me first usually I email him. A guy at work is flirting with me :graucho: so I still got it even though I got a bf.

When i passed my driving test last week, my dear OH had already bought me a huge bunch of flowers, a card to say congrats and a DVD i wanted....so he had his every faith in me before he even knew the results:love: :heart: :biggrin:

Something tiny...my nephew was over my house once and said he had this amazing snack...he kept describing it to me and drew a picture...I could not figure it out for the life of me. He said he loved it! So, I thought about this for days. When I grocery shopped the only thing I could think it was....well, graham crackers. I bought them and took my luck. Today after camp I gave him the bag with the graham crackers and he lit up like I gave him the best thing in the whole world. I felt like a million dollars and I think I made his day as he made mine. Lesson to be learned...sometimes it is really the small things in life that make us happy.

Anytime someone texts you, especially a significant other to tell you they MISS YOU or THINKING ABOUT YOU, will make a day go well!! :biggrin: And of course, when others tell and show you how appreciative they are of you!! I think that's awesome......... bring on the sunshine. :rolleyes:

One of my best friends was at the gym today and I could tell something wasn't right. She hates to burden people w/ stuff but seemed so relieved when I questioned her about it and showed her how much I really cared. When she was done spilling her guts she gave me a big hug and kiss and thanked me. I was touched b/c that's what I'm there for and she's like a sister to me.

Also, my kids had a great first day at camp which made me really happy b/c one of my kids can be a little tough to please. He loved it though and I was just soo happy they had a good day.

My sister & I got into a huge arguement. When we fight, we don't talk for days, weeks, (once even years!).. Well I closed my door to calm down & a couple hours later she knocked & came in to talk to me. She wrote a list of why she was sorry. I know this is nothing to many but it meant a lot to me. I come from a family that rarely speaks their emotions or says sorry. I was so happy that she was mature enough to do this =)

Great thread! Recently, ive started noticing the little things in life that makes us happy. Ive been very happy watching the world cup with my family. It has allowed us to communicate more, especially with my brother who hardly spoke until recently. Receiving text messages from friends perk me up too.

I'm on day 3 of not smoking!! I am not saying that I'm quitting (as that makes me want to run out and jam about 5 in my mouth at the same time!!), but rather that I am not smoking today!! Anyway...a small accomplishment...but it is making me happy!!