Chanel Classic Flap - Small vs Medium vs Large sizes

Hi ladies,

I'm just wondering for 11c red, it looks better in M/L or Jumbo? I normally prefer jumbo flap but just afraid that it might be too loud for bright red like 11c... Thanks in advance.

I know I am probably not the first to raise this question, but I really need to make a decision really soon!

I already have a Black Jumbo and a GST for everyday - they are all really big bags (since i'm only 156cm) and now I really need a small bag for evening time, for dressier events. I tried on the Mini and it is way too small and I thought Small was the perfect size, until the SA told me the Medium is exactly the same price!! I have been looking through pas posts, and Medium seems to be everyone's ideal choice. But when I tried them on, it looks kinda big if I were to imagine wearing an evening dress. But then again, it's only 1" difference. So really, I need your opinions!

I would just go with the m/l, the small isn't that much smaller. I was looking into the small flap too, it's reallly cute but not really worth it imo. Idk, what you plan to bring with you, but I usually don't carry much when I go out for the evening.. I know you may think it's too small, but I think the mini would be perfect for evening outings. How about wocs?

there isnt that much difference between them, except that extra 1" of the medium helps when putting in a large wallet or sunglasses, or even a coin purse. I purchased a small and it only fit my wallet, whereas the medium can fit my wallet and phone and a gloss or something. I have seen the medium on all sizes, even the smallest of sizes, and i dont think the medium could be too big on anyone, trust me you will get a little bit more use out of the medium!

small, go for the small, the medium is kinda big for evening. if you're thinking evening-small. I barely seen small around though... I know that's 1 inch only difference, but all around, it makes a big difference. That's the difference between the jumbo and maxi, but wowsa... Personally, I would do the small.

Have you looked at WOC? that's a nice size, but it may be too small, but that's a good alternative.

Well, my thinking is, unless it's a very formal event (a ball, a black tie affair, etc.), a medium is just fine! For truly formal events, you'd probably go with a small clutch anyway. IMO, the medium transitions beautifully from day to evening. To me, the one inch difference (small v. medium) makes a huge difference aesthetically... the proportions on the medium flap are just nicer, IMO. Of course, that depends on the person (and I own one small flap, multiple e/w's and a lot of mediums). :smile:

The e/w is also adorable and something you might want to consider... exact same proportions as the medium flap though, difference being the height. Or if you really want a smaller bag, check out the WOC. :smile:

I have a small vintage flap in dark navy lambskin which works perfectly for me as an evening bag. However given the choice I'd get a medium, since it holds more. It doesn't look that much bigger and is in fact very proportionate IMO (I'm 158cm, petite size).

Thanks so much for all of your opinions!

diera23 - I'm not really a fan of the E/W shape. I feel like it's too long.
Mrs. Awesome - I've tried on both the WOC and Mini - and I feel they are really small - I use a blackberry and really after I've put in my phone, I can't put anything else. The WOC are too 'flat' and the mini is just too small.
Anjoool, duckiee - I am mainly needing this for evenings - especially with a dress so really I don't bring much stuff.
scarlet555 - Yes! It does makes the differenct, that's why I am in such a dilemma. I know it's not a big deal, but I just don't want to regret, you know..
fieryfashionist - You've made a good point about propotions. Because that is what I look for in everything, it has to be aesthetically perfect :smile:
Yikkie - Thanks for the input, knowing we're almost the same height!

I found the solution - I'll probably have come in to the boutique again in a dress, just to see the difference of that 1". Thanks all for your helpp!!