Small & Medium Antigona, Nightingale Comparisons

hrhsunshine

Truly Addicted
O.G.
Dec 22, 2010
Many are curious about the size difference between the small and medium Antigonas.

I have accumulated enough photos with similar poses so one can see how the bags compare. I also included my Balenciaga City. Many are familiar with the size of that bag. I have posted some of these photos in other threads but thought it would be convenient to have the comparison shots together.

Medium and Small Antigona
8617363516_99c97918ee_z.jpg

Medium Antigona, Medium Nightingale, Balenciaga City
The 'gale and Bal City are stuffed with paper in the photo
8647266328_08249c1bbb_z.jpg

Balenciaga City and Small Nightingale
Both bags are empty.
8647263294_7a70cc87e0_z.jpg

8647263214_0aff068ff3_z.jpg

Last edited:
Here are some modshots to compare the different sizes. I'm 5'4"

Medium Ant and Small Ant
The medium has a slightly more horizontal silhouette while small Ant is a tad more vertical or square.
Both sizes offer handle drops that are large enough to slip my arm in, even with a winter coat.
Small Ant carries my daily stuff easily. Comparable capacity to Bal City.
8646192819_4693027b19_z.jpg

Medium Nightingale and Balenciaga City
(dear TPFr Sandc! She is 5'7")
Medium gale's capacity was comparable to medium Ant. Easily accommodates your arm through the handles.
8625482597_660107b304_z.jpg

Small Nightingale and Balenciaga City
Both fit the same amount of stuff but small 'gale is smaller than City. Small nightingale's handle drop is noticeably smaller.
I have to wiggle my way through the 'gale handle while I easily slip through City's handle.
8647262980_a96970d320_z.jpg

8646167057_c5c9fabf4c_z.jpg

Small gale's handle is very snug. City is roomy.
8647263092_412d7203f7_z.jpg

Oh, and no, I don't have any nightingales in my collection. I was just reviewing them.

Last edited:
OMG hrh, how did I miss this thread and those pics??? Thank you so much - I already knew thanks to the answers I got in my thread and Bagmad's great comparison pictures with the Marcie, but this confirms even further that Medium is the size I should go for - as soon as I find an online retailer who has a red goat SHW medium and ships with DHL ;)!

Really great pictures, thank you!

Thanks so much for the comparison - I was thinking of buying a small Nightingale, but your photos tell me it wouldn't work! Thanks again!

Hrh thanks for these comparison shots. Your posts have been very helpful to me for size and color info. And your bags are stunning!

hrh - you are the absolute best! Great pics.

OMG hrh, how did I miss this thread and those pics??? Thank you so much - I already knew thanks to the answers I got in my thread and Bagmad's great comparison pictures with the Marcie, but this confirms even further that Medium is the size I should go for - as soon as I find an online retailer who has a red goat SHW medium and ships with DHL ;)!

Really great pictures, thank you!

Hi All!

Thanks and I'm so glad the comparison shots are helpful. Does help to get a better idea of a bag's size when you see side-by-side comparisons or the bag with a bag you already know.

Thank you - this is so helpful! Wow, I've never really thought much about the nightingale as I thought it was too big for me, but the small one looks fabulous!