Small loulou black hdw or College medium in Brick

MeBagaholic

May 25, 2019
Before the price increase I purchased these two but help me decide as i can keep one for now.
I aready have small loulou black with gold since one year and love it so much.
Just panic bought small black hdw loulou and college medium in brick
Help me decide in college or black hdw loulou

79EC12E4-BF24-4AFC-9058-A6919ABCD341.jpeg

4067B656-A766-4AD8-A5F2-E077B9F1E89F.jpeg

76FE3BE8-F917-4238-9ABC-89AAB6822241.jpeg

Last edited:
Do you see yourself reaching for the bhw loulou over the ghw loulou? I do think that they have a different look and if you love the loulou size and versatility, I don’t think it’s crazy to keep both. But if the bhw loulou will serve the same function as the ghw, then I agree that the college style and brick color makes sense for variety. I personally am not a fan of the textured leather on the college and really love the small loulou aesthetic and size.

Do you see yourself reaching for the bhw loulou over the ghw loulou? I do think that they have a different look and if you love the loulou size and versatility, I don’t think it’s crazy to keep both. But if the bhw loulou will serve the same function as the ghw, then I agree that the college style and brick color makes sense for variety. I personally am not a fan of the textured leather on the college and really love the small loulou aesthetic and size.
Its a hard one haha i agree
Yes i usually would use them same way. Felt a bit too similar so i thought better ask for help and maybe someone can guide me
If funds were not An issue i would keep them all.
With the textured look on college i feel that helps in it not showing wear sooner

Before the price increase I purchased these two but help me decide as i can keep one for now.
I aready have small loulou black with gold since one year and love it so much.
Just panic bought small black hdw loulou and college medium in brick
Help me decide in college or black hdw loulou

View attachment 5395463

View attachment 5395465

View attachment 5395472
They are both gorgeous! I would keep the college since you already have a black loulou. The color is really pretty, neutral enough to match most outfits, and could be a nice change from black. I have read other posts about black hardware chipping over time, which has made me stay away from black hardware. However, I have always loved the look of black hardware. Go with the one you think you’ll use the most. :smile:

Personally, I would go with the college since you already have a loulou. I prefer variety and have noticed that if there are bags that are too similar in my collection, I will tend to only reach for one of them and neglect the the other.
(I am also one of those people who feels that having a Chanel classic flap in multiple colors is just too similar and just one is enough for me lol)

Also, black hardware will chip eventually overtime. I have a black on black YSL envelope bag and after 7 years it has finally started chipping. I consider that pretty good since it's one of the first bags I ever bought and my most used bag. My SA said that I could bring it anytime to get it repaired and the fee shouldn't be expensive.

Having said that, go with what your really love and what suites your aesthetic and lifestyle the most! Good luck!

That is a tough decision. I love both bags. But since you already have a black Loulou, the college would bring more variety. But I understand that you are torn. Black on black is so pretty. I am obsessed with it too and really want the small Loulou too, although I already have the medium college black on black :panic: .